Quentin Tarantino 'not backing down' from remarks on police brutality

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Nov 4, 2015.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]
    Quentin Tarantino 'not backing down' from remarks on police brutality
    Under increasing fire from law enforcement groups, director Quentin Tarantino broke his silence Tuesday and said his remarks condemning police brutality had been misrepresented to “demonize” him and deflect attention away from the issue.

“All cops are not murderers,” Tarantino told The Times in his first public response to the controversy. “I never said that. I never even implied that.”

Police unions across the country, including ones representing officers in Los Angeles and Orange County, have called for a boycott of Tarantino’s upcoming movie, “The Hateful Eight,” following remarks the filmmaker made at an Oct. 24 rally in New York to call attention to those killed in police shootings.

“I’m a human being with a conscience,” Tarantino said at the rally. “And when I see murder I cannot stand by. And I have to call the murdered the murdered and I have to call the murderers the murderers.”

SB3, Cyrus-Brooks and Jdudre dapped this.
  2. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I gotta give Tarantino props for calling like it is. That's why the police and the police unions pissed off at him because he's calling them out. The police and their union thugs in this country feel like they shouldn't be questioned or criticized. In that way they like a modern-day equivalent of the priesthood. QT is a righteous white dude.

SB3 and OckyDub dapped this.