Best Posts in Thread: Question for Masculine Bottoms

1. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    There's nothing wrong with beugh a masvjmasc total bottom.

I think because people have associated bottoming with femininity and the fact that mostly fem bottoms tend to be visible in the media, it's harder for people to imagine masc total bottoms especially black ones.

Just do you.

2. jusrawb

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    There are so many levels of acceptance you have to go through being gay. As if FINALLY accepting your gay isn't enough, you have to then accept: sexual position, fem/masc/in-between, twinks/chubs/bears/muscle, dl/out/discreet, etc!

Until you realize none of that stuff matters, do what ever makes you happy and people will love you for being you.

3. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    See what @ControlledXaos said.

Ask yourself the question, "what is right for me?" and try to avoid, "what do people expect of me?". You can't please everyone all the time. Don't get trapped trying to be someone you're not for others- that's an exquisite recipe for resentment. Be yourself, and if anyone gives you flack for it, offer them your two middle fingers. Vigorously.

tumblr_n5n2b3xZDu1r0y1o1o1_500.gif

So from one masc dude who isn't afraid of his ass to another- keep bottoming like a champ!

#4 NikR, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    JodyBell87, Sean P, BrentForays and 3 others dapped this.
  4. derrick-gordon-12327

derrick-gordon-12327 Squad Member

Daps Received:
    To all the masculine dudes who prefer bottoming, i have to question. Have you ever had a moment in your life where you had to look yourself in the mirror and admit to yourself "I am a bottom. Not versatile, vers-top or even vers-bottom, but just a straight up bottom."
    Have you ever felt less than a man because your penis would just object to the idea of going inside someone, no matter how hard you try and pump yourself up into topping?

Well im going through that right now. I look myself in the mirror and see a guy who should be on top, laying it down. But that's not the case.

mojoreece, jusrawb, Cyrus-Brooks and 2 others dapped this.
  5. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    There is definitely a stigma that comes with being a bottom or even a vers-bottom. Being gay is bad enough. You're gonna have your manhood questioned and lampooned by the straights. But being a bottom on top of being gay is even worse. You're viewed as lowest of the low. Even other gay men will insult your masculinity no matter how masculine you present yourself. It took me a long time to get to a point where I could accept the fact rarely ever want to top and not really get defensive about it. My therapist reminds about the dangers of making value judgements and to not give excessive weight to the value judgements of others. When it comes to my sexual role I like what I like and that isn't good or bad it just is. I'm now fine with that. However I'm still very much aware that the wider culture doesn't see it that way. There is not much I can do to change it just like any of my other characteristics people don't like or is viewed as negative by society. For me the best way to deal with this is not to allow the opinions of others to impact me emotionally. I can't control others opinions but I can control my response to them so choose not to allow myself to have a negative emotional response.

6. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    @derrick-gordon-12327 I'm here for the positive affirmation bro. I don't think we would be human (and black) if we didn't acknowledge any hangups, whether they are race related, sexuality or sexual-based hangup. As @eli94 stated, some dudes still can't get over the fact they are with men, let alone their hangup about what they like to do with men. As an oral top, I'm sometimes made to feel shamed cuz I'm not afraid to acknowledge that I'm a top that likes to give my dude head. But at the end of the day, what I have found, if you embrace you, someone out there will do just the same. And hell, sometimes, even when we fail to embrace ourselves, the atmosphere is still so kind to send someone who will love us and all of our actual or perceived flaws.

I'm pretty sure there are more masculine bottoms out there who are moonlighting as versatile, tops and even straight men. Keep ya ahead (and booty) up bro! And holla at me whenever you're in Texas. :)