Rabbit Rebellion in the First Trailer for Watership Down

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by OckyDub, Dec 5, 2018.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    @Nick Delmacy do you remember when we were discussing this animated film weeks ago? I had no idea they were making a CGI version.

[​IMG]
    It’s a tale of survival, pain, and the unyielding power of hope that rings just as true now as it did almost half a century ago. The first trailer for BBC One’s Watership Down is here, boasting an A-level cast and a powerful message about doing whatever it takes to seek a better life.

Based on the novel by Richard Adams, the four-part miniseries (in the works for a few years now) stars X-Men: First Class actors James McAvoy and Nicholas Hoult as Hazel and Fiver, two brothers who lead a group of rabbits in search of a new home, or warren, after one of them gets a vision that their current one will be destroyed by humans. The group faces numerous trials along the way to finding their new warren of Watership Down, including attacks from predators and farmers...as well as a rising threat from a dystopian warren led by a totalitarian.

There’s a strong theme of holding true to one’s ideals of freedom and equality in the wake of fascism—something that feels especially important nowadays. But it also centers around a group of refugees who escape a doomed homeland in search of a better life for themselves and their loved ones. It’s a story that shows compassion for those in need, no matter where they come from, something we can all take to heart.

In addition to McAvoy and Hoult, Watership Down also stars John Boyega, Peter Capaldi, Daniel Kaluuya, Rosamund Pike, Taron Egerton, Olivia Colman, Ben Kingsley, Gemma Arterton, Tom Wilkinson, Lee Ingleby, Gemma Chan, and Daniel Rigby. The animation doesn’t look stellar, but with this series I don’t think that’s the focus. It’s really about the story. And it’s one that’s not only powerful and poignant, but relevant.

Watership Down debuts on BBC One from December 22 to 23, and will be released on Netflix December 23.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/james-mcavoy-leads-a-star-studded-rabbit-rebellion-in-t-1830847373

2. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I wish they would stop re-making these classic ass movies, even though I wooooould like to see them do a CGI remake of "The Secret of Nimh".

OckyDub and Winston Smith dapped this.
  3. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    The Secret of NIMH Remake Gets Director

The Secret of NIMH Remake Gets Director

alton dapped this.
  4. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:

oh LORD! Lesson 1, Be careful what you wish for. I forgot EVERY movie nowadays has to be a fkn franchise. So they gonna take one classic, and turn it into 3 to 4 shit shows. smfh

Winston Smith dapped this.
  5. Krimsonic_

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I’m so here for this. I remember reading Watership Down in middle school and loving. My English teacher did such a great job of helping us see the connections between the different warrens the main group visit and how they represent diffenty governments. It was so interesting to me.

OckyDub dapped this.