Racist and homophobic Catfish episode

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Boaxy, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Boaxy

Boaxy SO FIERCE
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    So I was just channel surfing a while ago, and I was watching Catfish.

For those that are unaware, Catfish, is a reality television show on MTV, where it deals with people who go on online dating sites, but for some reason have concerns or doubts with the person they are interacting with online. So they hire investigators by MTV to research the situation more. Most of the time, this person is someone who is not who they are proclaiming to be and/or it's someone who doesn't even exist. Rarely, the person does end up being a success.

I used to watch it, but stopped, but something told me to watch this episode for some reason. Being a feminine black gay man myself, this episode really made me upset and sad to a very dark degree.

This particular episode, you have a kinda slender and feminine gay black man who recently moved to a new city in the South Eastern part of the United States. (I'll call him Tyler. His name wasn't Tyler on the show, but I want to protect the innocent.)

[​IMG]

He went on a gay networking app, to find other gay men to talk to and befriend. He ends up talking to this guy who lives in walking distance from his house. He ends up really making a big connection and relationship with him. Even though he's only heard his voice. They never met in person.

[​IMG]

He is this big and tall masculine white guy with long blonde hair, a beard and blue eyes. This man is handsome and a god, clearly. I'm gonna call him Scott.

[​IMG]

Tyler is starting to believe he's being tricked, and that Scott isn't who is says he is.

Sadly, as much as me personally would think they would make a cute couple, I already knew that there was no way and chance that Scott, a guy like that would be interested in Tyler. But I'm not everyone in the world. There are billions of people on this planet, so maybe there is a chance this could be legitimate.

So the show does more digging, long story short, Scott doesn't even live in America. He's a journalist in a foreign country, and he's not a single gay man, he's in a committed relationship.

What I found kinda cute, was that Tyler even though he was disappointed in Scott being a facade and not real, he still wanted to see who this guy was he was bonding too, even though he wasn't the guy in the pictures.

[​IMG]

Long story short, after more digging, it turns out Scott, is actually three different people playing games on him. They are all these three white people who friends of each other that don't know Tyler, and were just trying to teach him a lesson or mess and play with his emotions and shit.

[​IMG]

I'm gonna call them Richard, Mark and Becky, again to protect the innocent.

So they go to Richard, Mark and Becky house. They all live here. I don't know the situation, or really care. They all admit that they made the Scott profile on a gay dating site, to mess with gay men.

I don't really understand Richard and Mark's story or situation or defense other than they are assholes, but Becky claims that every guy she has a crush on, turns out to be gay. So in order to suppress her feelings on that, she creates fake profiles on gay dating sites, to fool and trick gay men.

They claim they aren't going to do this anymore. I don't think they ever apologized to Tyler. In fact they even blamed him for the whole ordeal. Like they tried to iterate, that there was no way Scott or any guy for that matter would give him any of their time.

Then they said that he should have known better, and used common sense that this was a trick. Becky then started to feel kinda guilty, but the two other guys could care less, and their job was accomplished.

[​IMG]

I just find this sad, that they would not only pick on a gay man, but a gay black man. To me that is just extremely fucked up and sad. They knew nobody would care about this man. They knew that him being black and gay he doesn't get any love from anyone. Here he has someone who he thought was real and he had a connection to, only to be three people that have way better and happier privileged lives than him, and blame him for all the shit that happened.

Tyler the entire time, is being very civil towards them, and just taking in all their bullying and abuse. So I give him props for that.

If I were Tyler, I shit you not, I would have possibly burned that entire fucking house down to be honest, like Left Eye from TLC. lol

To not only be tricked by someone who is not this gay guy I was talking to, but they are white and possibly racist and homophobic and have no remorse, and blame me for the whole thing.

It was really sad, that this man allowed himself to be humiliated by these possible racist and homophobic people, really.

I then started to see other perspectives.

People on social media were saying these people were possibly in a cult or some type of coven, and they wanted to recruit this guy. People were saying they could have raped him, drugged him, killed and chopped him up etc. Chained him up and hanged him. So luckily all that happened was what happened. Ugh.

So I was trying to look at it from that angle, I don't know.

I also thought maybe this was all a performance art thing. Or they were trolling, or trying to be famous and get their spotlight and chance to shine. It's possible every single one of these people are actors.

I don't see the benefit or gain from that. I wouldn't want to be famous over something like this.

Or this was some type of fraternity or initiation or something, that they would fabricate a story like this and put it on national television. Again, I don't know.

I just wanted to post this here, and share my thoughts on this program. Ugh.