Best Posts in Thread: Rapper Nipsey Hussle a Homophobe?

1. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    There was absolutely no reason to include 'homosexual' along with 'hyperviolent' and 'abandoners'. Just one step away from lumping homosexuality with pedophilia, rape, etc..

2. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    There's nothing wrong with wanting to see positive images of black men in the media but don't say that homosexual men are what is wrong with the black community. There is ZERO proof that all the individuals pictured are 100% straight. Period.

Black men, whether they are straight or a part of the LGBT community, can be led by a black gay man to learn about different things that can be applied to their personal and professional lives. Two callers phoned in to The Breakfast Club yesterday morning to discuss this. NH talking about that in the way he did was uncalled for.

Dante, Cyrus-Brooks, I-Stay-Woke and 3 others dapped this.
  3. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I think phrases like homophobic and racist are thrown around too easily in today's era. In many ways, it is fucking lazy commentary. I think we can make critiques and observations without being racist or homophobic or sexist (the big three). I don't think NH was being homophobic....he was being lazy.

I get the point NH was struggling to make but his point gets diluted when he starts using trope talking point language. "The Media" The Agenda."

Whatever point he was trying to make loses its validity because his actual point is being disguised by talking point phrases which host varying degrees of meaning.

When folks talk about "The Media," I assume they are talking about the mainstream media which in an of itself is convoluted. If you examine black and urban publications and media outlets black men (and women) are depicted in a host of ways from the most elegant images of the Obama First Family to the rachet of rachet Cardi B stripper poses. Black folks generally control these narratives and images. So complaints about The Media seem weirdly circular and insular; lacking any meaningful critical thinking or exploration.

With respect to The Gay Agenda, which is what I assumed he meant by "The Agenda" that shit quite literally doesn't exist. Some in the LGBT community have the illusion of significant power but upon scrutiny there is none. Even among the white gay elite king makers and gatekeepers. I get so sick and tired of straight people suggesting that there is some all-powerful agenda that is emasculating men. Men for what it is worth are the source of power. What is interesting about all of these Agenda narratives is that it reveals that some men, (mostly straight white men but also their black contemporaries) are afraid that they are losing power without realizing how much power they actually have.

4. 850famuman

850famuman Lonely Legend

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    [​IMG]

This is that good intentions paving the road to hell thing imo. NH meant well trying originally to frame a positive image on IG but a smidge of his inner Archie Bunker leaked out while doing so. And his "I said what I said" attitude is also very telling. Hes biased, egotistical & dismissive...not a homophobe...