REMEMBERING MYCHAEL KNIGHT 1978 – 2017

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by Nick Delmacy, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    IMG_5938.JPG

By Jerris Madison on October 17th, 2017

REMEMBERING MYCHAEL KNIGHT 1978 - 2017

American Fashion Designer, and Project Runway alum, Mychael Knight has passed away. He was 39 years old. Mychael died at 7:25 am EST outside of Atlanta, GA on October 17, 2017, surrounded by his loving family and friends. His family asks that their privacy is respected during this time of grieving.

The Knight Family has selected OBVIOUS as their media source during their grievance for any inquiries. We’ve set up an email on behalf of Mychael Knight’s family: mychaelknight@obviousmag.com. We will update you once more information is made available.

Official Statement
    “We are still processing the untimely death of our son, brother, friend, and uncle. Mychael meant everything to us and we loved him dearly. He was generous and so full of life. This is how we choose to remember his legacy.” – The Knight Family

I’m still in awe that I’ve created a post announcing his death. Mychael Knight was my friend, my brother, and a voice of reason everyone wants in their corner in the entertainment industry. He was passionate, outspoken, direct, kind, and unapologetic.

I met Mychael in Philly almost 10 years ago. We both were booked to speak on a fashion panel for Radio One. We instantly clicked and became friends. He was a true Southern Gentleman and had no problems telling you that he was from the South. No matter what situation or industry event we attended, he always remained himself. I admired that about him. He loved his family so much and others, it reflected. He was a big Momma’s Boy, his mother was one of his best friends.

When I lost my leg due to a rare form of bone cancer, Mychael helped me get my confidence back. I once complained how designers aren’t making clothes for people like me. Mychael’s immediate response was, “I got you! Give me a few days to sketch something for you.” I said okay cool. Later, I checked my email and there the sketches were. I cried. I saw the vision. That’s me, I said! What my friend did for me changed my attitude about how I looked and boosted my confidence beyond words.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When our schedules allowed us to hang out, we attend various red carpet and industry events together. He would come over to my apt and vice versa to break bread and discuss how we were going to take over LA (He made the best cocktails!!!). I remember the times when I would try to introduce my version of healthy food options to him and he would say, “I told you I have a taste for a burger Jerris… LOL!” That moment still cracks me up!

Mychael, as I cry typing this, I’m so glad I gave you your flowers while you were here and grateful for the time you spent here. You taught me to continue to stand up for myself in this business. I’m grateful we never allowed egos to compete in our friendship.

I scrolled through your Facebook page and saw the last quote you posted: “Life Tip: Do You.” I felt like you were speaking to me and everyone that you love. I will never forget you.

I love you my brotha from anotha Mother. Until we see each other again.

– Jerris :^)

[​IMG]

BIO

“Sharp and Chic, with a touch Danger.” A well-deserved description of label’s elevated approach to contemporary sportswear. MYCHAEL KNIGHT first began autographing women with his signature take on fashion in the Spring of 2001. Acquiring his taste while living & traveling European as a youth and honing his aesthetic while being educated in the US, he seamlessly binds the urbanity and sensuality of the today’s women. Noting Gianni Versace as an artistic idol, cut and fit are the mainstay mantra of the brand. From day dresses to outerwear, each collection celebrates ultra femininity and elevated ease. Championing the ‘woman who’s every woman’, the brand always maintains it’s consideration for women who lead multi-faceted lifestyles. Bright color palettes, refreshing details, and quality, sophisticated structure continue to define the brand’s effortless take on dressing the modern women.

Michael Anthony Knight, Jr. was born on April 11, 1978, in Nuremberg, Germany to Pamela and Michael Anthony Knight, Sr.

Although Knight spent his childhood in Montgomery, Alabama, in 1996, he received his high school diploma from Washingtonville Senior High School in Washingtonville, New York. Later that same year, Knight began his freshman year of college at Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, Georgia. In 2001, this university awarded Knight a Bachelor of Science degree in Apparel Design and Merchandising.

After completing his undergraduate studies, Knight broke into the fashion industry in Atlanta, Georgia by working as an intern at Wilbourn Exclusives in 2001 and then by becoming a Fashion Stylist in the music industry in 2002.

In 2005, Knight auditioned for the second season of the Bravo network reality television series, Project Runway, but he was not accepted as a Season Two Contestant. In 2006, Knight reauditioned for Project Runway, and this time he was accepted as a contestant for season three. Knight went on to win season three’s Fan Favorite award and to place fourth in the overall competition.

In 2007, Knight introduced his label, Mychael Knight, on BET’s Rip the Runway and he designed a line of custom tees for the Starbucks Corporation.

In 2008, Knight launched Kitty & Dick, his female and male lingerie label, and his unisex fragrance, MajK.

On August 20, 2009, the Project Runway: All-Star Challenge aired on Lifetime Television. Knight joined Daniel Vosovic and Santino Rice of season two, Jeffrey Sebelia and Uli Herzner of season three, Chris March and Sweet P of season four, and Korto Momolu of season five in a special, “one-shot” competition where the winner, Daniel Vosovic, received $100,000.

On March 17, 2010, Mychael Knight debuted his Fall/Winter 2010 line at Charleston Fashion Week in Charleston, South Carolina.

In 2013, Knight became a contestant on Project Runway: All Stars (season 3).

Mychael Knight Memories
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Juan-Carlos

Juan-Carlos Opps are dealt with by a savage Thanos snap. HNY
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I didn't know him personally yet knew of him by name and reputation here in the A. I was saddened to hear about his sudden passing. Prayers with added condolences goes out to his family.
    Mychael Knight young, gifted, and black.

Dante dapped this.