Ridley Scott Says Alien Franchise Needs to Get Rid of the Xenomorph

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by OckyDub, Nov 8, 2017.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    @Nick Delmacy you see this fuck shit? Going forward its gonna be about 'David"? ...oh my bad, you a stan so nevermind. This is now on Walking Dead level for me so I'm good.

"transcend and move to another story, which would be taken over by A.I.’s. The world that the AI might create as a leader if he finds himself on a new planet. We have actually quite a big layout for the next one.”4
    [​IMG]

Oscar-winning director Ridley Scott thinks his fan-favorite Alien franchise needs to leave out the xenomorphs in future installments. The iconic antagonist was featured in his most recent entry in the series, which he returned to direct, Alien: Covenant.

Speaking in a new roundtable interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Scott expressed his disinterest in revisiting the series’ classic alien species. “We went to Covenant to perpetuate the idea and re-evolve the universe of the alien, who — I think the beast has almost run out, personally,” Scott said. “You’ve got to come in with something else. You’ve got to replace that.”

He added, “And so I was right, I was ahead of the game,” likely referring to the negative-to-mixed reception to his Prometheus sequel, which chose to center around the infamous beast, yet again.

Scott has expressed this kind of sentiment already, having noted on the Empire Film podcast, “I think the evolution of the Alien himself is nearly over.” He continued, “But what I was trying to do was transcend and move to another story, which would be taken over by A.I.’s. The world that the AI might create as a leader if he finds himself on a new planet. We have actually quite a big layout for the next one.”

Asked about a follow-up to Covenant early this year, Scott said “I’ll probably be filming it within a year,” adding that scribe John Logan had already given him a script for a direct sequel he plans to shoot after he finishes All the Money In The World and The Cartel.

Delving a bit further into when the film might begin development, Scott revealed “It’ll be out within a year and nine months. It’s weird when you’re writing, doing, planning, thinking about franchises, it’s amazing how it opens up and starts to evolve.” Declining to divulge a title for the project, Scott did tease he might make “maybe two more [films], or maybe one more.”

Ridley Scott Says Alien Franchise Needs to Get Rid of the Xenomorph

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    The comments thought LOL

[​IMG]
    Like · Reply · 1 hr
    [​IMG]

Bob Bergeron ·
    OSU Okmulgee
    lets take all the Predators out the next Predator movie and have it about a cop on the edge traing to make up for lost time with his kids. and he has PTSD
    Like · Reply · 1 · 1 hr
    [​IMG]

Marc Myslowski ·
    Toronto, Ontario
    Yeah let's dissassociate ourselves from that thing that EVERYBODY ASSOCIATES US WITH. Smh
    Like · Reply · 55 mins
    [​IMG]

Royce Rasmussen
    Um, what?!? If you don't want to make a movie about xenomorphs, don't. But don't call it "Alien" in any way, shape or form.
    Like · Reply · 37 mins
    [​IMG]

Adam Wade
    No, they need to ditch Scott, and bring back Signorney Weaver. That's what people really want. Not this prequel garbage.
    Like · Reply · 29 mins
    [​IMG]

Ryan Little ·
    Works at Stay-at-home dad
    No Ridley, the Xenomorph is not the problem, you are. Your stylistic approach in the first Alien in 1979 was fine because that's all we had. But then we got James Cameron's Aliens. THAT's what we want to see more of. Not David Fincher's gritty, filthy noir approach, not Jean-Pierre Jeaunet's whatever the hell that was in Alien Resurrection, and certainly not more of the same tired style you insist on bringing to the table. Maybe do us all a favor and take a walk from the francise and maybe let Neill Blonkamp take his shot. It looked a lot better than the excrement you crapped out in Covenant.

Nick Delmacy and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  3. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I don't know what Ridley Scott is smoking but the there is no ALIEN without the Xenomorph. If Fox is going to do another one they need to fire Scott. He clearly has lost the plot. I actually liked Prometheus but Alien: Covenant didn't make sense to me. The problems I have with Alien: Covenant.....They killed off Dr. Elizabeth Shaw for no reason, Why would Shaw repair David even though he's clearly a malicious AI? What would she repair him with? Does she even have the know how to do so? I don't think cybernetics was her field of study. Finally they ran over the cannon AVP the story established showing that the Xenomorph was around during ancient times. So how could David engineer it as the "perfect organism" in 22nd century?

4. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    As I said this in a previous post
    I think Scott regrets doing the Alien remake. I think when he came on to do the Prometheus 2 movie he was going to go into a different direction and the studio stepped in and changed it at the last min and wanted an Alien remake movie.

They should have focused on the Space Jockeys and created a new franchise based in Alien Universe concept.

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.