Road To Massa's House: Official 2016 Presidential Race Thread

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Nick Delmacy, Oct 22, 2015.

1. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking

cpnoway:franko1:

He is just sooo presidential! lol

*I love the poorly educated..smh lol.

*that eagle when it gets pissed at him..lol

NikR dapped this.
  2. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Ok. Infinity dap.

3. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    This thread needs reviving and updated. And hated Hillary is up by 7 in Virginia against all 3 major opponents including disgusting Donald, up 9 in Flaw-duh among all 3 major opponents including disgusting Donald.

A message needs to be sent-Trump needs crushed. I don't think we can afford to completely tear the country apart to make the needed changes. But if Hillary wins, the Democrats need to address the economic issues that are largely driving so many otherwise generally decent poor and middle class whites in desperation to Trump. We cannot have Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, etc. going the way of West Virginia economically and not see a big swing to the right just like in West Virginia. JMHO.

If Trump were not Trump, and the GOP had a halfway decent candidate who was more moderate on social issues, things would be VERY different I think and Hillary would be in trouble. Trump may in fact save her ass.

#143 ColumbusGuy, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Jdudre and NikR dapped this.
  4. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    and i'm soooo damn glad. notice how no one is saying "oh, a Trump presidency will be ok". And then he gets all lose lipped about "using nukes", like an actual crazy person. SMDH.

C'mon baby Jesus, Hillary better have this.

Jdudre and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  5. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    If nothing else, for the SCOTUS! - gawd can you imagine what Trump might do? *shudders* He is truly a megalomaniac.
    He needs to keep running is mouth though... just keep it up for a few more months...just enough to take away enough Congressional seats to avoid gridlock. Oh and the fuking SCOTUS still needs a damn judge! Damn obstructionists! That should be hammered home. I saw something that said the two primary concerns from voters were the economy and SCOTUS. Get on it Hillary!

6. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Being in DC, it's really sad just on an emotional level, the diversity and intelligence here among young people that would get smothered and crushed by a Trump presence. "You don't know what you got until you lose it..."

There was a repeat of a PBS documentary on Reagan last night. It really made you realize just how off Trump is, and this country is in some places. You had the idea that Reagan and Tip O'Neill both were genuinely concerned for the country just had different visions and approaches to what was best. People used to mock Reagan's cheerful "we can do anything!" attitude, but now those platitudes seem like chicken soup for the political soul compared to the zero-sum, xenophobic narcissism of the megalomaniacal Oompah Loompah and his tribe of scared-of-the-world followers. I've never engaged in nostalgia no matter my stage in life until recently. I just think people are so mentally lazy, unbalanced, and vapid these days, as is the GOP and Trump, Reagan era actually does seem like Golden Age compared to the theoretical possibility of a Trump presidency. Is it all downhill and hysteria from here?

7. jpo

jpo
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    The current issue of The Nation features an article on the Brand New Congress effort. I have my doubts, but if it does gain traction it will help put pressure on Clinton Democrats not to return to their New Democrat/corporate roots.
    Is Brand New Congress the Future of Progressive Politics?
    I don't think this is behind the firewall.

8. Naturally10Me

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I was team Bernie. So now I'm left with a lying bitch with health problems and a psychopath (intitled weirdo). I digress on politics...lol

9. Jdudre

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
  10. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    You can't win with your enemies basically. They will find something...you will be too much of this or not enough of that. That is why they are enemies. And Hillary is now 4 points behind Trump in Ohio and I am not happy about that.

11. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I love that black millennials give zero fucks what Gen-Xers like me or Cory Booker think, or even the old civil rights guard from the Boomers and Silent Generation. When I get to retirement age, I won't be telling millennials to get off my lawn, I'll be throwing my empty ginger beer bottles at other old fuckers. If you don't want to vote for Hillary because of that stupid assed "lesser of two evils" argument, this article pretty much sums it up:
    Dear Democrats: No One Owes You Their Vote

12. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Ok, now that we're through the first rather horrifying presidential debate (no, Trump wasn't drunk- rich dudes always get the good, designer stuff) let's take a note of how he'll attack Hillary. Not just "you couldn't stop your husband from cheating" BS but also name-calling. As in calling her a b*tch.

This article was pretty good about summing it up:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/08/the-era-of-the-bitch-is-coming/496154/

At least this time, the media doesn't think that a non-white male president somehow means sexism will disappear into an ether, like they thought Obama's election would bring about roses and daisies and butterflies.

What I like about Hillary though-when Trump calls her a b*tch on national TV, she'd look dead into the camera and say...

Winston Smith dapped this.
  13. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I give her grief, but I feel I owe Secretary Clinton my vote just for Mary J Blige alone. That shit looked looked way more painful than having to talk to Trump in a not-really-a-debate for 90 minutes (she was debating, he was hating). I think that sitting through that crazy shit with Mary J Blige makes us even for any "super predator" comments lol

14. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
  15. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Welp, the day of reckoning is finally upon us!

See y'all later for the end of the world. Too bad I'm not allowed to drink at the hospital. SMDH.

Vote early and often friends! (Esp in Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Nevada, and YES, YES Georgia too!)

Jdudre and alton dapped this.
  16. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    It's official Donald Trump is president.....The Democrats are reaping what they've sown are on the verge or collapse as a party. tumblr_inline_ocb47edWGq1sf27lw_400.jpg

17. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    And by sown...I assume you don't mean helping 20 million people, including my patients, get health insurance.

By sown I assume you don't mean ensuring women have a right to choose.

By sown I assume you don't mean working to get the economy back on its feet from the previous crash of 2008.

By sown I assume you don't mean attempting to enact policies, against unprecedented Republican intransigence, that actually help people.

By sown I assume you don't mean trying to make the country a bit more equitable.

Please don't try to compare the two candidates- one is a uniquely cruel, chauvinistic charlatan who will roll back the clock on progress made in the past 50 years, and we all know it. The other simply isn't. There's no comparison. False equivalence is something I expect of the New York Times and the rest of the 'main stream media'-the same media that saw dollar signs instead of seeing a unique threat to the republic.

With turnout hovering around a measly 55% or lower, it's clear that people aren't really concerned with the political process or what it will mean for them. Decisions are made by the people who show up, even if they aren't people who share your beliefs or values. And we saw that. This election is gonna hurt a lot of people.

I hope in the near future your accusatory question will turn into, "America, look at what we've sown."