Saving Phone Numbers

Discussion in 'Dating and Relationships' started by bisonboy, Aug 31, 2015.

1. bisonboy

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Do you have a certain time that you take to save a phone number for someone you meet online versus in person? I have the worst luck when it comes to saving guys phone numbers. I think because I get to the point where I want more to come faster when that step has been achieved, especially if you are someone I could see myself wanting to grow with.

2. Naturally10Me

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Ummm well people I meet online rarely get my number. If I meet a person in person, I feel like I can read them quicker. Online, people be on that bull which I don't have time for. So if a dude does get get his number saved in my phone it's because I've gotten the info needed to feel comfortable.

jpo dapped this.
  3. jpo

jpo

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Takes a long time for someone online to get my phone number, I agree with Naturally10me that I can read a person better when we meet. Too much hidden on line

Naturally10Me dapped this.
  4. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I don't understand the original question. :what:

You have trouble saving the other guy's number if they don't move as fast as you when getting to know each other? You delete their number? I'm confused...and if you think they are worth it, why are you so impatient with them?

5. KritiKal Analysis

KritiKal Analysis "Be the Standard, Not the Substitute..." DMCureton
    Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I usually save numbers after I see that that person is being reciprocal in their communication. After we exchange information and we have a few exchanges (including not only me calling/texting them, but them calling/texting me), then I save the number. Like @Naturally10Me I usually feel out their vibe when I am communicating with them. That helps me too.

6. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I usually am not one to initiate the number exchange online. If the consistency was there and the connection was cool, I'd have no problem if after a few days or weeks depending on how things were going. In person if we met, I'd give my number out, even if I wasn't 100 percent feeling the guy.

I save all numbers in my phone. Contact syncing with the cloud makes this simple.

It's mainly because I need my own "Caller ID" so if I did give you my number at one time and it turns out that You Cray Cray, I'll know not to answer or I can Blacklist you so if you call, I'm totally oblivious to it so it doesn't matter if you have my number or not, I won't see your calls or texts.

7. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    I save numbers online...sometimes...but only when we've vibed enough for me to see where their head is at.

8. Desh92

Desh92 Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    If I can't remember who you are, the number's deleted

9. jpo

jpo

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Okay. So I have received at least a dozen calls over the years from guys who have my number, even my name maybe but can't remember who I am. They call - maybe to see if they recognize my voice. Sometimes they've said, how do I know you. My favorite was the guy who called three times, each a couple of years apart, and asks where did we meet - I say passing each other on the escalator in Macy's. And that is the end of the conversation for a couple of years. I would block but it is too entertaining.

10. Karsh

Karsh Lurker

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    A guy's phone number usually stays as on a Post-it on my desk for a good while (especially if we're dating and not regularly texting).