SGL in the Mosque?

Discussion in 'Articles and Essays' started by mojoreece, Mar 27, 2019.

1. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I find the topic of black same gender loving Muslims very interesting. I stumbled on a blog post and some info I never heard about was mentioned.......was reading this blog:

Back in April of 1993, Mr Farrakhan delivered one of his most talked-about sermons of that period and one that sparked significant controversy over its supposedly ‘homophobic’ themes. Entitled ‘The Problem of Suicide and the Causes of Homosexuality’ the speech was noteworthy not so much for its content as for the listeners at whom it was aimed. Its primary constituency was (ostensibly) the African-American community at large but it had a second, and far more important, audience that was much closer to home. Part-sermon and part-eulogy, Mr Farrakhan spoke about the recent suicide of a member of the Mosque Maryam FOI who had taken his own life for reasons which, at the time, were known to only a very few within the NOI.

For during the previous eighteen months, Mr Farrakhan had been wrestling with one of the most shocking scandals to have ever hit the NOI and one that may even stand apart as unique in all Islamic history. In the movement’s own replay of the Nazi-era ‘Ernst Röhm Affair’ it had emerged that a group of FOI soldiers (known as the ‘Task Force’), and who were affiliated with Mr Farrakhan’s flagship mosque in Chicago, had been engaged in homosexual activities right under Mr Farrakhan’s nose and that one of them had taken his own life after a jilted lover had threatened to reveal their gay relationship to the former’s (female) fiancé​

Not sure if this info is true or not, but I always wondered if SGL members were apart of organizations like this? And if so, why would they join knowing what they believe in about them? Does any body have experience with SGL members that are apart of organizations like NOI? How do they (or you lol) cope with the organization's ideology? I just always find the overall topic very interesting.

Nick Delmacy and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  2. mojoreece

Daps Received:
    Yo @takeyourmeds91 aint these your people. Have you ever heard of that incident happening? :lupe1:

3. mojoreece

Daps Received:
    I knew of like one dude who was in the NOI. At 1st I thought he was just orthodox since he prayed like one. To be honest I didn't know ppl still joined I thought it was just ppl u joined back in the day n their children.

But it does seem to be some good looking bros in the nation.
    I guess I can see how one would join. Their leaders are very charismatic. And i can see a lot of ppl agreeing with their economic plan and some of their beliefs. But not sure how they get get over the other beliefs and other things.

4. @yahoo.com

@yahoo.com When the lights get low, I Burn Brighter.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I was raised in the Nation of Islam. It was hard, because they openly talk about homosexuality being a sin. Just like the most churches, there is a national organization which governs the doctrine, but locally the pastors or the priest is allowed to run their congregation as they see fit. That also includes being able to say what you want in the pulpit. The things I heard growing up was despicable. I stopped going to the mosque as a teenager. And I have not stepped foot in line in over 20 years. It’s a very toxic place. And yes there were others.

Lancer, Cyrus-Brooks and Winston Smith dapped this.
  5. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I have some personal experience with them too. Toxic isn’t the word. As I told @mojoreece Farrakhan is a black Jim Jones. I’m glad you got from under that and I hope you’re living your best life.

6. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I shared this with @mojoreece but since it’s apparently all over the Internet, I’ll just share the link for all CA squad. This is the story behind the blog that he initially cited it’s the start of this thread, and I had dealings (platonically, doing art and shit) with those mentioned:

Prince Akeem biography | Last.fm

mojoreece dapped this.
  7. @yahoo.com

@yahoo.com When the lights get low, I Burn Brighter.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I would never call him the black Jim Jones. That is extremely radical. I actually admire a lot of what he has put into place, I admire him & the NOI FOR the people whose lives he has changed significantly, and I think that they could be headed somewhere if they remove their hatred for the white man and frankly anyone who does not align with their operating doctrines and principles.

Just like everything, there are dark sides to the nation of Islam, but bringing a people together and trying to show them to live a better life through empowerment and eating better and become a little more aware of the history & hypocrisy regarding the country that they are living in, I would never say that it’s a bad thing. Some bad people are a part of that organization but I would never slander or slam the entire operation.

Thanks! And I am living my best life. That life and being a part of that organization was not for me. But I seen it change lives and do a lot of good for a lot of people.

mojoreece dapped this.