Squad Support

Discussion in 'Mental, Medical and Sexual Health' started by DreG, Nov 26, 2015.

1. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
  2. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    This is an old thread and it's taken a while for this board to get to the active membership level it has now.

I'm sorry about your situation @ColumbusGuy I know what it's like to be out of work due to no fault of your own. Coughing up blood is serious. I would think a doctor's note would have excused you.

AFA student loans go, defer, defer, defer. Cut off some luxuries. You need Internet and phone to look for work so reduce your cable bill accordingly. Ignore all this if you've done it already.

I can say that you can bounce back from a job loss at just about any age. Luckily you have saved so that's great. It's not the end of the world now even though it may feel like it. And there's nothing wrong with making an honest living doing some things you don't want to do for a little while. I was on the verge of becoming the latest Starbucks Barista with a Master's before I got my first Atlanta job. Stay hopeful!

DreG, ColumbusGuy and grownman dapped this.
  3. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    ^^ Thanks. I was looking to leave that job anyways. There were too many health and safety violations going on and I did not want to get dragged before some state board and face an inquisition and who knows what kinds of sanctions(been there, done that and any company you work for will just let you hang out to dry and you are on your own).. I just wanted to have something lined up first, and not leave the way I did.

The student loan thing sucks because I cannot now even work in the area I studied for several reasons..They cannot get blood out of a turnip and there are no debtor prisons anymore(except for those who fall behind in child support). I also have no luxuries to cut back anymore-but I have learned that I am ok without most of those anyways. I am trying to have a postive outlook.

ControlledXaos and grownman dapped this.
  4. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Very very grateful that my mother's broken arm appears to be able to heal on it's own. In a sling, but other than that ok for now. *knocks wood* Everything good between us. Very very grateful today for the things I do have. Gotta count those blessings.

We all need to count the blessings we have. Thanks for the support in this thread.

I hope more guys use this thread to vent, discuss, get some good ole support, or just to give thanks.

ControlledXaos and grownman dapped this.
  5. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Some good news in that my mother appears to be healing ok and is starting PT soon. I can at least focus on some things now and not be completely and totally distracted and worried by that.

*very grateful*

grownman, Jaa and ControlledXaos dapped this.