Star Wars fan theory suggests Snoke is actually Mace Windu

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by OckyDub, Sep 20, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]
    A Star Wars fan theory has emerged and has ignited debate within the fan community. Supreme Leader Snoke is Mace Windu? At first the prospect of such a claim seems ludicrous, but after watching the video below, the possibility seems more and more likely.

This theory covers many supporting arguments to solidify the claims. I've jotted a few of the main ones below, but be sure to give the video a watch at the foot of this article for an even more in-depth analysis.

Mace Windu never died.
    Samuel Jackson himself is a firm believer that Windu didn't die when he was cast out a window by the Emperor in Revenge of the Sith. He argues Jedi have the ability to fall great distances, even injured and not die - he's right.

The Force Lightening the Emperor used on Windu could also attribute for Smoke's disfigurement and pale completion.

Mace Windu 's lightsaber is a clue.
    Mace Windu wielded a purple lightsaber - a symbol of balance between light and dark aides of the Force. Even combining the colors blue and red, you get purple.

It's documented that Mace Windu was one of the few to possess the ability to utilize both light and dark aides of the Force during combat. Snoke also shows a serious obsession with balance between both the light and dark sides and is referenced repeatedly in The Force Awakens.

Finn is Windu's son.
    The theory suggests Finn is a child of Windu's and that as Snoke, ensured he could keep an eye on Finn as he grew up. It's suggested that Kylo Ren was instructed to keep an eye on Finn as well.

[​IMG]

Finn was a garbage collector, who's first real mission was a rather important one, accompanying Kylo Ren. Kylo also seems to treat Finn differently and oddly manages to keep specific tabs on him throughout the film.

The awakening was Finn's, not Rey's.
    As the video below points out, the moment Snoke mentions to Ren that there has been an awakening, Rey had not yet exhibited any Force sensitivities, however Finn had. If Finn is Windu's son, he would be a Force sensitive as well, but due to not exhibiting any Force sensitivities at an early age, Snoke sought out a different pupil who he could train instead - Kylo Ren.

[​IMG]

Snoke saw the rise and fall of the Empire.
    This means Snoke would have been present in the prequel trilogy - like Mace Windu was. Windu, if still alive would have gone into hiding like the few remaining Jedi and would have witnessed the rise and fall of the Empire.

Snoke's vendetta with the Skywalkers.
    Mace Windu was betrayed by Anikan Skywalker when he was about to execute the Emperor. This would have been more than enough to solidify his hatred and push him to the dark side. Speaking revenge on the Skywalkers by infiltrating the minds of their offspring, turning them to the dark side as well.

Kylo Ren uses Mace Windu's signature move.
    As the video below illustrates, Kylo Ren is seen using Mace Windu's signature "back spin and slice" move. A move no other Jedi really exhibited in previous films. It makes a lot of sense that Kylo would have learned this move if Snoke, his teacher is I'm fact Mace Windu.

The list of supporting arguments go on for a while and I encourage you to give the video below a watch. It's certainly an exciting prospect to consider going forward with Episode VIII next year. Let me know your thoughts on this theory in the comments section below!

Read more: Star Wars fan theory suggests Snoke is actually Mace Windu, with supporting evidence.

2. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    :dwill::leon: This is an interesting theory. I'm not a Star Wars stan at all, but I'm decently familiarized with some of the characters and this Mace/ Snoke theory doesn't seem too far fetched.