Target Pulls ‘Baby Daddy’ Father’s Day Card

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Jun 14, 2018.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    While I find the card in shitty taste. If imma be mad that white folk want to capitalize on a phrase Black folk created and made popular and sell it back to them; then I have to be mad at Black culture for making this dumb ass term popular in the first place.
    :smugdon::nopekid:

**************** ******************** ******************* ******************
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]Takeisha Saunders is with Kal Young and 4 others.
    May 31 at 3:01pm ·
    You CANNOT be serious Target!!!! Really!!!?!!!!? This was the only Father’s Day card that featured a black couple!!!!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]‍♀️ #OurVoicesReally#NotMyNarrative #HowAboutHusband #HowAboutLove
    #HowAboutJustDad

Two weeks ago, Takeisha Saunders came across a Father’s Day card at Target in Rockwall, Texas, that immediately had her seething. It was allegedly the only card featuring a black couple, and it was actually a “Baby Daddy” card.

The inside of the card, created by American Greetings, read:

"You’re a wonderful husband and father and I’m so grateful to have you as my partner, my friend, and my baby daddy! Happy Father’s Day."

https://www.theroot.com/target-pulls-baby-daddy-fathers-day-card-1826828869

Jbc@704 dapped this.
  2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
  3. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    T Bird! I loooovveee you!

SB3 dapped this.
  4. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    That’s what’s sad about these companies: either a) they’re so fucking clueless you wonder if you want to do business with people so culturally tone def (e.g. Jenner Pepsi ad), or b) they do this shit intentionally with intent of getting sales off the bad publicity/insincere apology one-two.

Fuck Target. Now that Kmart/Sears is practically dead, Target is the new Kmart. Their macroeconomic time is coming.

Also, black folk, there are enough black writers and artists out here on Etsy, Pinterest, Instagram that you can get better, personalized cards.

mojoreece, Jbc@704 and SB3 dapped this.