That Moment You Realize You Had Sex With Your Friend’s New Boyfriend

Discussion in 'Dating and Relationships' started by cuspofbeauty, Feb 23, 2016.

1. cuspofbeauty

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Not looking
  2. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    Unsurprisingly from me, been there on all 3 ends.
    When it was friend's new potential boyfriend that I had "known" previously, it wasn't a big deal.
    We all laughed it off & a good time was had by all.
    IMG_0878.GIF
    and they didn't work out in the end anyway.

When it was me as the potential being introduced to the friend that I had "known" previously, I took his lead and saw the dear in the headlights look
    Game of Thrones - stare off.GIF
    and said nothing at the time since he seemed to not want that info to come out at that moment.
    Of course it didn't turn into anything.

When it was me introducing my friend to the potential and I found out, I cut it off immediately.
    I didn't want to be with anyone that had been with my friend in that way. slut shame.GIF

BtVS - Buffy Gross.gif

cuspofbeauty dapped this.
  3. tigerbreaux

tigerbreaux Polymath In-training
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I've been on all sides of this as well, and it doesn't really bother me. I don't really care if someone I'm dating has been with my friend, and vice versa (because the community is small), the thing that does matter though is the level of interaction. If this is someone I deeply cared for, nah. If it was just a couple dates or a fling, I don't care. Though my friends and I are pretty open about who we're seriously dating so I don't see that being an issue.

However, I do have a friend who was being approached by the crush of our other friend, and he felt bad because he also liked the dude and the dude clearly was into it. I told him crushes are fair game, so if dude is feeling him, why not attempt to see if it would work. yea our other friend's pride may be a little hurt, but the dude clearly wanted someone else, so why stop your friend's happiness over something you didn't have? I did tell the person that was feeling guilty that he should tell our friend either ASAP or when/if he thought there could be something there.

4. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    One of my formers was trying to kick it with one of my friends formers. It was funny to me. But I was never in an awkward position. I guess this is because I usually had my own circles and really never crossed paths with people I dated after we were done.

5. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    A few years ago, I started chatting with someone that had to move out of state a couple months after we met. We kept in touch after he and I both moved from that state, and have been "friends" for over two years. Recently, he told me he was coming to the state i'm in now to visit fam and friends he had here. He told me he was going to be in the next town over, but it turns out he was actually in my city. So, when he gets here, he tells me he's at his cousin's place. His cuz happens to live just 10 minutes away, so I head over. We had planned to go get drinks and hang at a bar. I get there, call him up and he says, "come in for a sec." I don't normally like to do that, and the next few moments proved why.
    When I come inside, I greet my friend and instantly notice someone that I unapologetically hooked up with who turns out to be my friend's cousin. I never act brand new and play like I don't know you, so I was cool and said, "wassup stranger," and chopped it up like we were old friends. I picked up quickly that neither knew about the other's sexuality, but my friend stayed in the dark longer. He just thought it was a coincidence that I knew his relative the whole time I've known him. It was only later when he kinda put it all together and asked me if I had done anything with his cuz.

6. bpaisle

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Maybe call me crazy but I don't really want to be with anybody that my friends have been with. The world ain't that damn small.
    giphy.gif