The African attraction/affinity

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Lancer, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    [​IMG]
    (Photo from Nick's previous post about Africans and Islanders)
    Are Africans and Islanders the Craziest and Biggest Head-Cases to Date?

So I have noticed, in my personal life, that MANY folks have an attraction or affinity to African guys both hetero and non-hetero. For the sake of Cypheravenue audience I will stick to the non-hetero side. I have seen Black African Americans, Black Europeans, Blacks from the United Kingdom go crazy about them (mostly Nigerians).
    I was talking to this dude and then he used a word VERY Nigerian, first off this word isn't English and one would have to had be around many Nigerians or dated a Nigerian for a long time to know such a word. I asked dude(laughing) where in the hell did he hear that word from? and he replied that his Ex was Nigerian and most of his non-hetero friends are Nigerian or another African country. He then proceeded to show me pictures of his Ex and his friends and then it all made sense to me.
    So here are some reasons I think lot of Black non-hetero guys are attracted to Africans;
    They are very Masculine: When you see them they exude the image of MAN! Its their African features, the nose, the dark skin, they way they carry themselves, the confidence and also that most of them are not Fem or even Fem leaning. I think this has ( I am no professional the topic) to do with Africa's Homophobia and the rigid ideas of masculinity that young boys are raised around. Which fucks with their head when they start dating guys, but that's another Thread/dissertation:franko1:
    They are very chill dudes: When dude talked about his friends they were very chill guys, I even wish I had friends like that. They were just regular dudes who happened to like dudes (dunno if that made sense, but that's the only words I have to describe them)

They love deep,very caring and addictive;
    From those I have seen and even testimony from dude, the love and care was amazing. Even though the relationship might end due to other issues, there is never the doubt or question of 'Did he love or care for me?'. I am guessing that love and care is what keeps many non-hetero dudes dating Africans or hanging around African dudes. From my white friends who have dated Africans, they say they have never felt such passion in their life before. It always cracks me up when a white dude hits me up on the app's with a Nigerian greeting, I say to myself he has been touched by that passion. lol or those that have 'Africans to the front of the line' on their profile( those I give a wicked eye roll)

They are very good looking dudes;
    I mean what do I say about this one but PREACH!!! Hello Anthony Joshua:)

These are just a few that come to my mind when I thought about it, they are so many more I think might be better told from the perspective of dudes that date them or have an affinity to have them as friends.

******I must say dating an African who has not gotten over his issues of being attracted to dudes or cares what folks say, is and will be VERY challenging. I do not mean physical abuse or anything of the sort, but mental and psychological hoops to jump over, boundaries to break, huge walls to bulldoze, nails and egg shells to work on. So proceed with caution!**** lol

2. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Yeah dating an African or Caribbean that has unresolved issues with his sexual orientation is very difficult.

I love us for real @Lancer man there are many of us the more I put myself out there especially in ATL and I've met some that live in NY.

BlackguyExecutive and mojoreece dapped this.
  3. machoBLKnerd

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    my boy calls me #africanlover since most of my "dates" over the last few yrs have been african

one reason why i find many african men appealing is b/c african masculinities often feel less contrived. a lot of blk american masculinity norms for straight and gay men amount to a lot of posturing and can feel overly performative to the point of caricatures.

obviously, anti-gay prejudice throughout much of africa is more explicit and even threatening. at the same time, in many african societies, two men can walk down the street holding hands as a sign of brotherhood, not sexual desire. i'm def not interested in doing that, but i can appreciate that in addition to the macho, there's also a deeper cultural allowance for men to embrace a broader range of human emotion than what is acceptable for (straight) american males. this relative freedom is quite noticeable in various aspects of culture as well, including fashion and music. among many latino men, i also find a similar complex marriage between an in-your-face bravado and affection/sensuality/ expressivesness that seems less common in traditional american male cultures.

in terms of dealing w/ dudes who are in turmoil over their sexuality, i haven't found any challenges that seem exclusive to african guys. blk american dudes come w/ very similar issues in my experience, so i haven't noticed a measureable difference in this regard. brothas across the diaspora simply have a lot of work to do to create healthier masculinity norms, especially when you add the sexuality piece.

#3 machoBLKnerd, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  4. HauteChocolat

HauteChocolat Squad Member

Daps Received:
    What's the very Nigerian word? So we can be on the look out...

5. Boaxy

Boaxy SO FIERCE
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I don't know if it helps you any, I look identical and carbon copy to all of those guys in the first picture, yet I don't find a single one of them attractive really.

Now, wait hold the fucking phone. I did not necessarily say I don't find black men attractive now did I, I just don't find black men who look like that attractive.

It's not because I don't think black men aren't masculine, they are. They are some of the most masculine men out there. I just don't find most of them attractive really.

I'll just stop beating around the fucking bush and say I'm just attraction to white and other races and cultures of men. I'm sorry.

I can't help what I'm attracted to.