The Arthouse

Discussion in 'Television and Web Series' started by jpo, Nov 23, 2015.

1. jpo

jpo
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Is anyone else bothered that web series change location frequently and each time require you to change your subscription, cancelling the old and switching to a new platform. I am thinking of the message I received today saying that the new installments of Freefall and Miles + Cal are available, and oh, by the way, they have moved to The Arthouse, which by the way, requires a new sub.

Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Hmmm, I'm so out of the loop on Freefall...But I do agree that the distribution is all over the map...The web series I'm currently reviewing is available exclusively on Vimeo On Demand.

It would be nice if there was a single source for LGBT Web Series, but we debated this issue before back in 2013 when @ockydub proposed creating a "Black Gay Entertainment Media Group" that would serve as a hub for all the creators to monetize the content in one place. Freefall creater Lamont Pierre even chimed in the comments section until he got offended and left the discussion.

WTF Is Up With Black Gay Content Creators?

The problem I foresaw with this kind of idea is that the quality level for many of these series is lacking compared to others so many creators may not want their work associated with garbage content they didn't create.

grownman and cypher21 dapped this.
  3. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    What?! Didn't hear about this, I know they have to a way to produce the shows but to be honest I don't like whole bit about only showing part of the episode on YouTube even though the show started on YouTube and you didn't do that before...:nopekid:

That's lame...I liked the first season of FreeFall, got turned off in season two and by season three I was like:
    [​IMG]
    Bye!!! Have a Nice Trip...see you next Fall....LOL

But I liked Miles + Cal mainly because I've obessed with Albert Loman....:dead1:
    [​IMG]

4. grownman

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Yeah, I just found out yesterday when I checked my email. I went ahead and subscribed because I like the shows. They are not perfect but it's the best I feel out there. Also, I found about the show through Cypher and vice versa. Some fan was complaining on the site about Freefall and why is it taking so long for new episodes. Lamont said that he is not a machine and if fans don't want to wait for them-than they can move along.

5. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    This is not surprising. In our interview, Lamont came across as a very nice dude but def seemed like the type that was very sensitive and wore his emotions on his sleeves. His response may have been factually correct but as always the tone of his responses most likely came across totally wrong for an artist speaking to his fans.

When he tried to "go in on us" on Twitter and Facebook for our negative reviews, we were always respectful and tried to remind him that our reviews were never personal attacks, we focused on critiquing the art presented, as always.

Personally, I wish the show was better...hell, I wish the show was even just watchable. But when watching it I was always bored/depressed and I could barely hear the poorly performed acting of the poorly written dialogue due to the poorly recorded audio. Those negatives for me don't seem to bother their fans so congrats to them for all that good will.

grownman dapped this.
  6. grownman

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Nick,

I hate to admit but I think you are right about Lamont...

I am starting to get real nervous.
    So, I have been reading some of the articles and comments that you referred me to-and it wasn't a good look for im. I didn't get a chance to chance read everything because it was soo much back and forth. But, I am going to try to catch up.

But, the reason why I am commenting on this because their is a lot of unhappy fans (rightfully so). He responds with shady comments. Everyone is concerned about being ripped off and the fans are getting heated. He doesn't seem to concerned. I am jut disappointed because I was/and always seeking black gay content. I feel like the laugh is on me.
    Please don't say "I told you so" because I don't want to hear or read it. Lol.

#6 grownman, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  7. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Nah I wouldn't say I told you so...I feel your pain. I know what its like to want to see more black gay content that's quality...and even when you find content that actually has potential, the creators either have bad attitudes with their fans or their egos are so huge that they think their work is above criticism.

8. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Dear Freefall...maybe you should offer "closed captioned" subtitles since your audio is piss-doo-doo poor.