The Death Toll Comparison Breakdown

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OhSheit, May 22, 2016.

1. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    This is like 3 years old probably, I just thought this was fascinating...especially when stats/history is broken down in graphs or charts.

Alright, on with it. The Death Toll Comparison Breakdown:

KEY
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Tyroc and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    This was very fascinating.

3. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    It says something about being a history freak that I knew most of the historical ones(wars, disease, disaster, etc). I was more surprised at the accuracy of the list. Pretty spot on with the statistics, and when questionable they gave a range-especially with the Atomic bombings-they usually go way higher for both. Only one I would question is the Haiti earthquake-316,000 was the very highest estimate-the lowest was 92,000- not a huge difference really...worst disaster in modern history in the Western Hemisphere. I hate that I know this stuff..I guess I have a fascination with this kind of stuff.
    *Also glad the Black Death totals reflect more than just Europe-Asia, Middle East and North Africa were hit very hard at the same time...the higher totals reflect that.

The most surprising thing was the suicides and gun deaths. twice as many as homicides. Damn.

As bad as the motor vehicle deaths look...in 1939 the total was nearly 40,000-with half the population and far less than half the vehicles. That is something that gotten better overall with time.

*also they need to update the Everest deaths. Over 250 now-two died yesterday on the mountain. Over 100 of them are still there, dead and frozen on the slopes and in the crevasses. *shudders*

yeah I am rambling cause I was drinking and woke back up and am drinking some more so I can fall back asleep.

#3 ColumbusGuy, May 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
    OhSheit dapped this.