THE MOST SUCCESSFUL ETHNIC GROUP IN THE U.S. DOES NOT SURPRISE ME

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by mojoreece, Jun 11, 2018.

1. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    THE MOST SUCCESSFUL ETHNIC GROUP IN THE U.S. MAY SURPRISE YOU

To be honest this does not surprise me at all. All of the African and Black Carib immigrants I went to school with were either studying to go into finance/accounting, medicine, or some type of science field i.e. physics, bio chem, engineering, computer science etc.

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  2. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I just had a discussion about this with someone the other day. I'm intimately familiar with this being in healthcare. 7/10 if someone in healthcare is black, they're Nigerian. Not Black American.

This is also where I take slight issue with initiatives that try to increase "minorities" in particular fields like medicine. To white folks we are all the same. As such, they inadvertently create and/or sign-off on these programs that recruit a large number of non Black-Americans who end up not serving the intended population. Rarely do Africans go back to serve the black folks who have lineage in this country - they take their education back home or end up working with non-disadvantaged populations.

At the same time, it's not Nigerians' fault. If they happen to be in the right place at the right time and are well-qualified, that's on us black folks for not stepping up to the plate.

Jbc@704, mojoreece and Winston Smith dapped this.
  3. mojoreece

Daps Received:
    @takeyourmeds91 I think for use its really a matter of "us" not having a true community sense to work together as one unit. There are also others issues hurdles; but I think the biggest is just mindset. I didn't realize until I got older and saw how other groups move. Slavery really did a number us African Americans.

But i'm happy for our African brethren. It's actually really encouraging and motivating to see any type of black folk becoming successful. I just want all of use to be successful together.

takeyourmeds91 dapped this.
  4. mojoreece

Daps Received:
    Yeah I remember reading and seeing a pbs doc about this. The number of black doctors has only increased like single digits since integration. So over 50 years the percentage of black medical doctors only increased single digits smh:(. And when u removed black immigrants from that number it falls even more.

We still have a long way to go.

Thats why u are our hope @takeyourmeds91 :clap:
    upload_2018-6-15_13-44-44.jpeg

takeyourmeds91 dapped this.
  5. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    You're absolutely right, folks truly don't understand the impact of slavery

mojoreece dapped this.