The Other Side (2018)

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by Juan-Carlos, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Juan-Carlos

Juan-Carlos Opps are dealt with by a savage Thanos snap. HNY
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Not talking about the supernatural or even the defunct gay club in Atlanta which was poppin' on Wednesdays , from what I hear, back in the day. I am talking about the independent film recently released this year and available on Starz Demand or Amazon Prime Video. I saw a brief interview snippet on my IG feed with the writer and director Warren Pemberton and one of the film's actors Brad James. It was filmed , in part, in Atlanta and as the poster's header states “every story has two sides”. My intention isn't to do a full review of the film. This is a share and a recommendation to check it out. I enjoyed it and was laughing out loud a few times. I don't wish to discuss at length for that would lend to being a spoiler.

The production was well executed from the shots, sound, and editing. There were some recognizable faces as the talent as well- Brad James (Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse & Superstition (tv series) The Choice, Comeback Dad), Roger Guenveur Smith (actor, writer, director, TV, stage, film of 30 yrs.-School Daze, Do the Right Thing, Huey P. Newton Story), Miguel Nunez, Jr. ( lengthy tv,stage,and film career of 34 yrs.-The Return of the Living Dead, Juwanna Mann, Harlem Nights, Jumping Jack Flash), CoCo Brown (Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse, Lakeview Terrace, American Crime Story, 9-1-1) , Usman Shariff ( Miracle at St. Anna, Criminal Behavior) and Erica Hubbard (Akeelah and the Bee, Lincoln Heights (tv series), Let's Stay Together (tv series)).

Check it out.
    the  other side.jpg

Nigerian Prince and SB3 dapped this.