The Struggle of Being Gay in Albania

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by Lancer, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:

Watching videos like these really show how privileged I am, but never notice it. Granted there is still a level of Freedom I strive for, however its very humbling to see people still keep pushing on despite such hard conditions. They do really inspire me and they might not know it, but this is how change comes. Little by little their visibility makes others aware and discussions begin.

2. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    It has been part of my mission to advocate for people like the one's that are shown in this video. I think part of my job is to elevate and support the true heroes on the grounds in places that are not so open. I recognize my privilege every single day when I speak to someone who wants to come to America or who is seeking asylum. Then again, I am also encouraged by the Africans who are organizing Pride Parades, or the Arabs who are assembling despite the danger they face to be free and to live free. It is those moments of TRUE courage that allows others to step out and join and once momentum is on your side there is no stopping it. When I think about the Balkans I think about so much struggle, horror, and war, and videos like this show me that live indeed life goes on, and that is encouraging.

Lancer, Nigerian Prince and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  3. Michael

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Derek Zulanders Center For Kids Who Cant Read Good
    Yeah we really do need to count our blessings. THe ignorance and hatred in the world is baffling to me.