Best Posts in Thread: The Workplace Drama Vent Thread

1. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    If you have a job, likely you have some work place drama. Especially if you're a black male working with females or gay men. Either people trying to get in your business or trying you. Well this is a thread you can vent some of that out.

[​IMG]

I will start off with out a lot of backstory for this incident. We are just gonna get right to it.

The one female in my department is black and we don't really interact for... Reasons. I figured out a while ago when she realized I her eye batting and chick high pitched whining had no affect on me that she stopped really dealing with me. I like realness in the ladies I am around.

Our company has had a lot of changes and there were a few people let go. I thought it would be cool to introduce a little pick me up where one person each month would bring in treats for the office. I pitched it to my cube bro and they were cool with it. I go over to, we'll call her "Sasha" 's desk. She had on headphones and I don't the she was fully understanding what I said but I asked her if she would be interested in this idea. She said yes. But to her understanding it was her thinking I was bringing in treats for the hell of it. Upon correcting her misunderstanding, she hesitantly said yes but under the condition she'd be last. Thinking in her head, I assume, she could put it off for a year. I said that's fine because I haven't posed this to the rest of the department yet and I can just put her at the end if we get enough interest. She thought about it for 5 seconds and then said that she'd rather not. Saying that her finances were not set up for that.

:ravetho:

Pause.

giphy (2).gif
    I have been working here over a year longer than she so I know pretty much what she's bringing in. She's not poor like that where she can't find 25 bucks or so a year to bring in donuts or bagels one time.

Play.

So I say that's cool. And walk off to my desk.

At this point I'm convinced that she's a mooch now more than than ever. It was all good before hand but if she didn't want to participate she didn't have to lie. I guess that was her trying to save face after she was initially all for this 30 seconds earlier. But still.... I am not a woman hater at all but chicks like this get on my nerves. She's always trying to get other people to bring shit in but not offering to do so herself.

So now I'm just not gonna ask her about anything that involves office team chip money in because "oh! well you said your finances were not where you wanted them so..." just keeping it 100dap

I just know if she reaches for donuts on my day, she's gonna get the petty stare of judgment.

[​IMG]

Also i am totally out of fucks at work so I couldn't care less about playing nice with the team. I don't plan on being in that department long and my bosses love me. :youngsabu:

2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Well I think its common knowledge I can't stand many of my co-workers.

I don't mix well with ghetto unprofessionalism in the work place.

3. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Venting here because the thread exists, LOL.

The unattractive older fem gay Black dude at my job throws playful shade left and right... until someone throws it back at him. Then suddenly the “jokes” are fighting words. SMH.

[​IMG]

Not to mention the constant fishing for details on my personal life...both in private and in front of the entire team.

This isn’t the most unprofessional work place, but it def gets a nomination.

Same gay dude told the Project Manager something I said to him privately about me getting extra last minute work due to a co-worker getting injured. The work isn’t that hard and normally I wouldn’t mind but I’ve been the guy they turn to for the “drop what you’re doing, we need you to stress out and finish this other thing ASAP” stuff at least 4 other times since I started this client.

Now PM wants to have a “team meeting” at 7pm to clear up some things based on what was said to him. FUCK DIS SHIT! I’m leaving at 6:59pm on the dot.

[​IMG]

They don’t pay me enough for this office politics bullshit, LOL. I chose to be self employed for a reason. One more month, then thankfully I’m done!

(For anyone that forgot, my day job is in media and advertising production).

LeMignon, OckyDub, Lancer and 2 others dapped this.
  4. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    This. Most of my complaints about working for the gummint is the low quality behavior of black women in these positions. Their work ethic, grammar, gossiping...even the ones with grad degrees. It’s tiring and embarrassing.

And, of course, deez wemminks they’s all be sanctified by dee Lawd, boogity, boogity....

And my stupid ass white Becky boss lets them get away with it. Of course, if I dare criticize their waste of taxpayer dollars, it’s “sexism” “misogynoir” or some other excuse for half-stepping...

In corporate America, all the black women I worked with were Michelle Obama / Condoleeza Rice types, a couple of black female execs were bosses. It was good to work for and under black women who were intelligent and allow you to be your professional best. They need to take their ghetto sistren in the back room and school them ...

#8 Winston Smith, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    SB3, mojoreece, Lancer and 2 others dapped this.