Things that SUCK about New York

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by OckyDub, Apr 5, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Those who live in New York, do you agree or disagree with this video.

On the net, there are a whole host of videos about people being disenchanted over New York. Being honest, I've never felt the appeal of New York and don't understand it's allure. I've been told it's because I've never been. Saying I don't give a fuck, isn't just me being mean...there is just a whole list of place all over the globe I would prefer to go vs visiting New York.

2. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
  3. itsumoconfused

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I personally can't stand it here. I never planned on coming back after undergrad so I can't wait to move onto the next place since I didn't want to come back. I don't hate it, however I just think the living here is very daunting.

4. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    firstly, I'm glad this wasn't one of those ha ha
    things that suck about NY and I click on and see my picture!
    I mean not like that never happened...

I've spent most of my life in NY but I'm a Californian in my heart and soul, so I have a little less bias than some.

Pizza, wrong! Our pizza is the best, end of story.

Trains, 100% correct. The NYC transit system suck great big donkey balls. I worked for them once so I know both as an employee and as a customer.

Grocery stores, wrong! We have plenty of good ones, just gotta visit or live in a nice gayborhood.

On being the cultural center, wrong! We just have the strong sense of self confidence because when you want to see a Broadway opening or go sight seeing in America or get mugged and or flashed and smell a urine soaked transit system, where are you going Sheboygan!? No you're coming to New Fu@$ing York!

The city doesn't look distinct, really!? Is that the best you got? Who fu@&ing cares? True NY'ers are too drunk, high or stressed about finances to even look up to care what it looks like. We already know we're in NY anyway.

alton dapped this.
  5. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    This dude can have several benches! NY w/o a doubt has the best pizza AND subway system. I could go into Manhattan right now, head back to Brooklyn when the bar closes at 4 (or go to an after hours spot at a diner in Manhattan) n get a train within 20 mins...at r am! I hate this city daily, but I've been here since 05, n i fux w it. Nowhere else could compare.

6. SB3

Daps Received:
    And we have Super Stop n Shop! And they have an entire line of bacon flavored products! Rent aint bout shyt, but ny is def a good place to come get ur wkend on @Ockydub

7. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I hear you. Hopefully I can make it there befor 2040.
    :reallytho:

SB3 dapped this.
  8. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    The cost of living and traffic is ridiculous other than that I'd move back to NY if I could. I still got a lot of family there.

9. SB3

Daps Received:
    Well @Ockydub will come after all! @Cyrus-Brooks is here at times for visits!!! No1 wants to visit me, but if @Cyrus-Brooks n @ControlledXaos say so @Ockydub is down.

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  10. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    To the annoying guy in the first video which I could not even finish because he was that. fucking. annoying. (and a bit 'essy' too...suspect).

The only thing wrong with New York is you have to be rich to really be able to enjoy it to it's fullest. If I was rich and had no other ties I would be there in a heartbeat. Who needs grocery shopping? You would go out to eat or have food delivered! There is something to do at all hours of any day any week of any year! Changing weather is good-it is called having a real climate and seasons, dumbass. And weird different people can be interesting even when they are gross and do gross things. Getting lost can be an adventure-if you have the right attitude and are not a whining bitch. And talk about safe-it is the safest big city in the entire country.

Fuck Dubai it is just a hot desert and like a big mall with supertalls and you can't drink or gamble or have any fun.

Fuck Rome it is just a shithole, crappy crowded housing or piles of ancient ruins. And it is full of Italians.

Fuck London-hell are there even any British left there? Not to mention the weather. Pale ass faced Britain! Full of ISIS now too.

Fuck Budapest-it is in fucking Hungary to begin with. Get outside what is left of the old town and it is nothing but rows of commie blocks and depressed Eastern Europeans!

Hong Kong? Yeah if you want to be under Chinese control and where you could possibly 'disappear' and end up in a re-education camp in northern Manchuria..plus it is too damn crowded and makes New York seem like the wide open prairies by comparison. Plus again, it is full of Chinese-ever see those videos of accidents in China? NOBODY gives a shit about anybody else there-they will just watch someone die on the street like it is nothing- they know they are too crowded and just see accidents as population control. Plus forget about a safe environment-just try to survive breathing the corrupted smoggy Chinese air!

11. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    GTFOH, This dumb muthaf$ka is OBVIOUSLY not from here nor has lived here for any amount of time. We have supermarkets, I have 3 in my fuckin 'hood. And WHO the fuck is doing their grocery shopping at Trader Joe's??!! I have NEVER seen ER' type a apple in a Bodega. They have bananas, lettuce, and tomatoes. Maybe some limes, but I've NEVER seen apples in a bodega in ANY boro so have several f$ckin' seats. NYC is overrated, and trust me, New Yorkers are NOT begging for outsiders to come here, they all just showed up 10yrs ago because of a f$ckin TV show. smh Only Italian Guidos brag about NYC Pizza. The subway has it's short comings but it is known for being the best system in the world, followed by the Euro Rail system. This dude just seems like one of the "Pioneers" that came here in 2005 with hopes and dreams of success, and realized shortly in that this place is a trap, and now he's bitter and disenchanted because he can't afford to get out.

Purple_Is_Wack, SB3 and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  12. SB3

Daps Received:
    Shade! @Cyrus-Brooks is coming this wkend...Whats that? Ur clearing ur schedule n on the line w delta?

13. SB3

Daps Received:
    We have the best pizza! 0 doubt.

14. Cyrus-Brooks

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Also if you think the transportation system in NYC is bad I invite you to try the shitty transportation networks of other American cities. Most of which don't even have subways and those that do don't have rail systems that are no where near as developed as NY, with the exception of maybe Chicago. Having ridden the subway during the bad old days of the 1980s it's much better now if slower and bit more bland. The roads in NY still leave much to be desired. I'm glad I don't have to drive a truck in the NY metro area. NYC is every CDL drivers worst nightmare.

SB3 dapped this.
  15. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    NYC is one of the top four cities on Earth from something I read recently based on certain criteria. Only four cities had all of the things listed and they were: NYC, London, Tokyo, and HongKong.

SB3 dapped this.
  16. Discordant

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Actually the DC Metro system has been voted/rated the best subway system in the country. How did they get there? By learning from New York's mistakes lol. I have been to NYC twice and it was okay. I think people have a super glamorized idea of how the city is based on the media. I'd live there if I had to for work, but DC has just as much (if not more) culture that is also majority free for people to experience.

And the best pizza is from Naples, Italy. Or upstate New York, but they have a lot of Neapolitan descendants there, so maybe that's why.

OckyDub and BlackguyExecutive dapped this.
  17. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Another opinion about the DC metro system: Why You Should Think Twice Before Building a Rail Transit System

SB3 dapped this.
  18. Discordant

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    That's not talking about the ease of navigating the system nor the general quality/efficiency of riding. It's talking about the parts needing to be replaced and the fact that no one budgeted for it. But yes, I hear that day was a big issue for many. I am able to telecommute if need-be and actually was on vacation that week. I'm not saying it's perfect, but they do a good job of handling issues as they arise.

19. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    At least you have all kinds of good options. This city which is the 15th largest city in the US, which is the fastest growing large urban area in the Midwest(ahead of Indy and Minneapolis), does not even have any rail service whatsoever. Nothing-largest city in the nation with no rail of any kind-no commuter rail, no lightrail, no streetcar, nothing but a badly run bus system and an overbuilt freeway system(we also have one of the shortest commute times of any large city, which may be why we don't have alternatives).

We are at least 15-20 years behind the rest of the major cities.

This rural nothing area I live in has nothing-no bus of any kind and 7 miles to the nearest grocery store.

Discordant dapped this.
  20. Cyrus-Brooks

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    WMATA, DC, MD, and VA didn't learn the lessons of what happened to the NYC subway from the 1970s and 80s. DC Metro has been plagued by accidents, derailments, fatalities, poor rail car reliability, service disruptions, delays, and a gradual decline of the appearance of the system in general. I live in the DC area and rode the train last Saturday. There is a noticeable decline in the system since I've been living in the area for about a decade. Much of the problems are the results of underfunding the system which has lead to deferred maintenance and lax safety standards. The exact same thing happened to the NYC subway post WWII. The CTA "Chicago L" is experiencing similar problems as well.

ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  21. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Ive only been to NYC a couple of times but a couple weeks each time. I really enjoyed my time there and all the things you can do there. I def could see myself living there for a couple of years. Many people are surprised that I like NYC and able to move through it so well since Im from the south. I think the big draw back for most people is the high cost of living. My money stretches way more for me in the south, so unless you make 6 figures, have a rich sponsor, or are well connected its going to be hard to live the dream "Manhattan lifestyle". A lot of newbies come to NYC with unreal expectations and are crushed (also by that high a** $2k for catbox a** rent).

22. SB3

Daps Received:
    Ive used the DC line, and it pales in comparison. And Im sorry, NY pizza wins.

23. SB3

Daps Received:
    Im looking for a rich sponsor right now!

mojoreece dapped this.
  24. BrentForays

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    Single
    I like my little house and backyard so I fux with Atlanta but you can't doubt that New York is a top 5 city in the world. I stopped hating on New York a couple years ago. I would love to visit soon. If only I could see Hamilton. This is probably a stupid question but why don't they release those Broadway shows on DVD?

25. SB3

Daps Received:
    K
    Live theatre IS Broadway. DVD's would tank profits, and the gp is that ppl need to go see live shows. I toured w Phantom of the Opera (longest running Broadway show and tour) n we closed because ppl just stopped showing up in middle America, but the Broadway show still sells out nightly because tourism here supports live theatre.

26. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    The DC-Metro Area system has a solid design but it clearly has some infrastructure and budgetary issues despite DC-MD-VA being some of the richest states in the Union. NY Transit can always use improvements and certainly needs some infrastructure fixes. That is the problem with a lot of America. We have not placed focus on infrastructure but has built new sport stadiums. In my opinion, Europe has done a significantly better job at transit and it is amazing that in the Eurozone, I can get on a train from spain to denmark without having to get off the system. <----Although there are security concerns with that...

mojoreece, Cyrus-Brooks, OckyDub and 2 others dapped this.
  27. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    When you find one see if they have a rich brother or friend. lol

SB3 dapped this.
  28. BrentForays

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    Single
    Good point. Until I see a Broadway show, the best I can do is a Alliance Theatre show here in Atlanta. I see Hamilton is sold out thru 2018. Lin - Manuel Miranda must be a genius.

29. SB3

Daps Received:
    There has been a major push in trying to get ppl out to see live theatre, so once they pick the 'hot' show, everyone wants 'in' and tix fly. It was the same way when he did 'In the Heights'. N the shows you see at the Alliance are the same exact shows you'd see on Broadway, if they're union. Even w casting. It's very common for someone to get sent to the Broadway cast of a show, or to be asked to do a stint on a tour. Its very hard to sing 8 shows a week, esp if ur a lead.

BrentForays dapped this.
  30. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I won't go so far to say that NYC has the best pizza, but some of best pizza I have had was made by Italians. Plus it depends on your likes. Thin, pan or deep dish can have varied levels of enjoyment.

I liked NYC the one time I went but wasn't enamored. There's some neat things about it but, sure. But if I never went back to it I wouldn't be disappointed.

I plan on going back eventually, if @SB3 lets me slum on his couch.

Tyroc and SB3 dapped this.
  31. SB3

Daps Received:
    Nuthin like a NY slice! No fukn Dominos or Pizza Hut! And yea, u can crash...I only charge $299 a night...

alton, Tyroc and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  32. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    I'm a pizza connoisseur, sir and I take offense that you think my taste buds have only experienced the chains.

And 299? For a couch? Knee grow, hell nawl!

33. SB3

Daps Received:
    How u think I pay this high azz NY rent?? Darius is crashing next wkend n he's abt to get the 'in season' rate of $599!

Tyroc and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  34. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    Lawd! Gov'mint names! Lol

Tyroc and SB3 dapped this.
  35. SB3

Daps Received:
    I couldnt remember his whole name on here, n i wasnt getting any suggestions like normal lol

BrentForays, Tyroc and ControlledXaos dapped this.