This is NOT new, innovative or revolutionary!

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by OckyDub, Feb 25, 2019.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

We've all seen fem gay white men of color wearing women's clothing for decades now. Especially with the queer identifying Hollywood / Broadway types. None of this shit is new, innovative or revolutionary...can mainstream and social media stop saying this bullshit already?

I stop short of saying this isn't empowering because fem leaning kids and teens could see images like this that could catapult them to "living in their truth". Nonetheless; if there wasn't a Billy Porter locked arms with his white husband, there are still hundreds of these Black gender-bending-cross-dressing men on mainstream / social media. Its one of the archetypes thats heavily promoted.

Another thing....all these Black women on social media crying toxic insecure masculinity would shit bricks if their tender date showed up wearing makeup and heels. "Oh he's a strong secure empowered man" would not be the first thing that pops in their minds. Or what would their reaction be if their strong African Kang decided to start wearing a prom dress to 'date nights'?

Non-anti-homosexual folk pointing out how media is pigeonholing the image of non-heterosexual Black men is not toxic. By this being the knee jerk PC reaction, stifles conversation and thought.

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  2. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Someone said he looked like they guy from Bleach.
    [​IMG]
    I wish there were more masculine Black gay out men in entertainment to show some variety of what we are.

Queer leaning men are winning the representation game. Can't get mad at them for not giving a shit.

Lancer, Krimsonic_, I-Stay-Woke and 3 others dapped this.
  3. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Weird.