Those Butterflies Though...

Discussion in 'Dating and Relationships' started by acessential, Dec 3, 2015.

1. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I feel like a teenager. There's this dude. We met through a mutual friend in college. I was a junior and he was a senior. We've only met in-person once. Most of our friendship has been virtual because he and I have lived in different parts of the world. He was mostly in Latin America and I was in Asia. Anyway, we've had these looooong deep conversations on Facebook for the past 4 years. He's passionate about the same things I'm passionate about, he cares about the same things I do, and we enjoy doing the same things. I've been crushing on him ever since. He's expressed feelings too, but we've always been hesitant because of the distance. Anyway, today he hits me up and tells me that he's applying for grad school in the same city I attend. And I couldn't help but get excited about the possibility of being in the same city for once. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I don't know how things will change once we're in the same place or if we'll decide if we're better off as just friends, but I can't help but feel excited. I don't think I've felt this excited about a guy in a really long time. I'm over here smiling and giggling and shit. Anyway, I don't know what the point of this is. I just wanted to share my giddiness.

To make this more interactive, I'll ask, have any of you ever felt this way about a particular guy? What happened? What's your story?

2. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I don't really have a story like that to share sadly, but I have felt butterflies and giddiness around certain guys of course , so I can relate. Hope you guys hit it off well in person! :)

acessential dapped this.
  3. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I only met one guy that gave me the butterflies...I felt like a bitch but loved the feeling...it didn't end well but def changed my life for the better, made me more open to serious dating yet also thicker skinned to bullshit, no matter what tingling feelings are felt.

DreG and acessential dapped this.
  4. bpaisle

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I'd say definitely be optimistic. Embrace the butterflies. It's one of the best feelings. At the very least you'll get a new friend out of it.

5. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I don't have a story either but you have my full support. Lol.

acessential dapped this.
  6. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Thanks fam. It wouldn't be until August of next year and he hasn't been accepted yet, but it's still a nice feeling.

bpaisle dapped this.
  7. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Im pretty sure most of us can relate to location affecting potential situations. I hope it works out well for u guys.

8. Kouncelor

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Enjoy the butterflies! Don't over think it.. Butterflies are scary and fun at the same time (kinda going through it for the past 2 months).

9. Discordant

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    That's a really sweet story, I hope it works out for you two one way or the other. I have a similar type of situation I'm in except instead of distance, ours is always timing. I met this guy a few years ago at a game party I threw and he had a boyfriend. I thought he was cute and funny, but I let it go since he had someone and moved on. Over the next few years we'd run into each other randomly, but either I was dating someone or he was. That all changed recently when we, both single, decided to go out for drinks. We've talked to each other everyday and seen each other at least once a week (I live close to DC and he lives 45 minutes away in Baltimore) for the past three months now and I still get butterflies and giggly. I'm a firm believer that everything will happen when it is supposed to happen and as a hopeless romantic, I'd encourage you to go for it.

Redlove333, grownman and acessential dapped this.
  10. Champagne Papi

Champagne Papi is a Featured MemberChampagne Papi side-n*gga paralegal
    Most Comedic Player The 1000 Daps Club Best Gifs

Daps Received:
    ....I feel you on this.

I guess mine is similar to this. It's really hard for me to "fall" for a dude and I don't know why either. It's just that, how my feelings are set up, it takes a lot out of me to actually develop butterflies and really like a guy.

Long story short yeh, I've only met one guy that gave me butterflies and made me feel like a giddy, high school girl on the inside...but he was hundreds of miles away. And to end, it didn't end well at all.

To tie in with yours, I'm grateful I had that experience. Dating was (and actually is) something that is very stressful for me....I don't enjoy the whole process from the "Hey sup" message to the first date and to the last step of deciding how to proceed next.

But that experience has opened me up more to accept other dating opportunities and actually work towards the internal conflicts I have in regards to dating. It showed me that I can in need develop deep feelings for someone in addition to actually showing those feelings to that someone (which, before, was extremely difficult for me to do).

grownman dapped this.
  11. Dr. Strange

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Man, maybe I'm missing out. I can't remember having butterflies or being giddy over someone. I don't know.

12. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Maybe you just haven't found the right one yet, it will happen...it might not feel as intense as it is described sometimes, you ever what find yourself thinking about someone alittle too much?

13. Dr. Strange

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Thinking of someone yes probably, but not to the point of giddiness or anything like that. But nothing ever substantial or mutual.

cypher21 dapped this.