Thoughts On Ethnic Halloween Costumes?

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Oct 2, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
  2. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    The main problem I have is when people use brown/yellow/blackface. It's okay to wear the clothes. It's ok for a wig. But you do not have to put makeup on to change your skin color to "sell it." I don't even know why white people still don't understand this.

Also, I don't like if when people are going to be stereotypically generic. Like the Mexican costume. What did this person say, "I'm going as a Mexican!" They couldn't just be, Cesar Milan with a salt and pepper cesar cut wig and a toy dog? Hell, that would have been a cheaper and simpler costume.

Jdudre and OckyDub dapped this.
  3. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I don't mind wearing the clothes for the costume it is taking it the extra ass mile painting your face. Let the clothes or costume do the selling. WIth that being said, I also hate the criticalness people take Halloween. It is a dumb holiday. Why get your panties in a bunch for the holiday but any other day you remain silent....

Jdudre dapped this.
  4. Jdudre

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Like everyone says a lot of the time what many people of color have problems with is that extra step
    That being said I think if people actually had a real discussion about race and understood the why's of it this would not be a problem