To All the Church Family, Would you Become a Member of a Gay Church?

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by OckyDub, Nov 12, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Are you cool with a church that is lead by a Gay Pastor and First Gentleman? Why or why not?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. @yahoo.com

@yahoo.com When the lights get low, I Burn Brighter.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    yes. i would. but not just because it is a GAY church. you can hang that up. every one that has a church does not know what they are going with it!! It has to be of substance, resonate with my spirit and helps me to be a better person.

3. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I don't believe so the gay/straight pastor thing doesn't affect me. As long as they got a good social outreach and senior assistance program they'd get my support regardless.

Amazingly, most of the black gay men here that I know attending church regularly, open or DL, would NOT attend a gay pastor's church. Still haven't figured that one out yet.

handsomeguy25 and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  4. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    "Holier than thou " black folks would be falling out over these pastor and first gentleman photos!

I don't attend church . I'd go to gay led church just to see what it would be like but since I'm disillusioned I'm not expecting it to change how I feel .

It's interesting to me when gays don't attend gay led churches . When a pastor is DL or many members and you have knowledge of the fact , why would you have a problem where people are open and honest about themselves ? It seems to me that that's a place of freedom . Unless these are the gays who are convinced that they are going to hell and are in an endless cycle of repenting and asking for forgiveness . I just don't see why it would matter if" God loves all . "

5. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I remember back in the day gay dudes was like Newbirth (Eddie Long's church) was the place to meet a man.

handsomeguy25 dapped this.
  6. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Over 15 years ago the large old church my partner attended openly welcomed gays and lesbians and had a large number of them in the congregation. The pastor was gay and had a partner, but he was not 'open' officially. He was the one who came out recently(at another church now) in the big mess going on in the Methodist Church. I have gone to some Metropolitan Community Churches with openly gay pastors and congregations, but never really was into it so much-not so much about it being gay but my belief in any kind of organized religion was in trouble at the time.

The Methodist church had a mixed congregation of straights and gays(black and white, male and female), and the MCC church even had some straights as well.

7. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I just posted about church. I'm a musician and have filled in on keys for a gay church a couple of times. I wouldn't have joined because I knew the pastor was a little messy and his partner was a drama queen.

But if any other church is legit and "not doing too much," and I get spiritually fed, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I already know the music is gon be off the chain, so that's an incentive right there. lol.

As far as dl and gay dudes not going to a gay church, they probably don't want to deal with the drama that I would assume would be just as prevalent in a homo-led church than it is in a hetero-led. Just a guess.

8. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    You know I'm unchurched, which is why I raised the question. So, does it come down to choosing between the covert, undercover messiness of the traditional church or the potential drama of an openly gay one? Seems like a pick your poison situation.

9. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I don't attend church like I use to when I was younger. The last church I attended on a regular basis was multicultural and apart of the United Church of Christ denomination. It wasn't a "gay church" but it did support and accept gay ppl. It even had a gay flag hanging up. I didn't notice this until one of my friends pointed this out to me lol. I thought is was a flag for Noah's rainbow lol. They even had an openly gay music minster and members. I liked the church because it was committed to social justice and had a young black minster that gave good thought providing sermons.

I'm not sure if I could join a "gay church". Its just not something I would be use to because of the religious baggage of my upbringing; just being honest. An "accepting of all people" type church---yes, but one just for gays not sure about that.

Its interesting ,to see a lot of new startup churches founded for and by young black gay ministers. If the system ain't working for you start your own; can't blame them.

#9 mojoreece, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  10. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Basically. It's sad.

11. Je Ne Sais Quoi

Je Ne Sais Quoi I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.....
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    NOPE! It'll be a Jack'd and Grindr reunion every sunday. No Thanks