Top Dating Websites for Gay Men

Discussion in 'Dating and Relationships' started by OckyDub, Dec 10, 2015.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

A reoccurring theme on Cypher Ave centers on dating. Where to find a man, how to get a man, how to keep a man, how to date a man, what type of man do I let climb on my back, I have found a man is he relationship material, etc.

Notable the most frequent and most important of these questions is easily; how do I find a man of substance and quality?

Admittedly I’ve been in a relationship for over 6 years, which is longer than a lot of relationships and almost an eternity within the homo/bisexual community. In my pre-relationship days I communicated and met men via the internet with sites like BGC, Adam for Adam and Men4Now. Depending on who you ask, these sites along with apps like Grinder or Jack’d are “nothing but for hook ups.” Well, yes and no…they are what you make it.

Even though I haven’t used a GSP based app for meeting dudes and only used online sites, I still came across a couple of really cool people who I may or may not have hooked up with and established lasting friendships. I completely understand that when you’re searching for something more meaningful than a “hook up” these sites and apps can be and are very frustrating, but be honest; if you aren’t new or “green” to dating, you have to know that already right?

I think it’s safe to say even with all the strides the LGBT movements has made over the years, many men still do their searching using technology more so than face to face interactions. Maybe we should broaden or used more technological nets in hopes of capturing more fish than those swimming in the standard go to sites or apps?

I accidentally came across the below sites by clicking on the “sponsored links” when reading a non-related story. Granted I don’t know if all have a “man-to-man” option nor have I signed up for any but I did read some of the reviews and they are ranked. Me thinking about you, I decided to post them here so you can potentially add them to your dating search arsenal.

Reposted from:
    Top 10 Best Gay Dating Sites | Compare and Review

[​IMG]

zoosk.com

elitesingles.com

seniorpeoplemeet.com

Compatible Partners

match.com

Also try out Black People Meet . BPM has a daily matching system to help save time while browsing.

Good Luck and Happy Searching!

Read the whole post here.

2. @yahoo.com

@yahoo.com When the lights get low, I Burn Brighter.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    interesting list... many of these i did not know were considered websites that catered to gay men finding love or other proclivities. Thanks for sharing...

3. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    It sign up for free on BPM then when I completed the whole process it asks for payment lol. When I start making money, I will consider paying for dating sites.

4. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Good point...did you or have you tried the other sites previously?

5. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    I have tried Okcupid.com and have actually made a couple of cool friends. It seems like the non-intrusive, millenial-oriented version of match.com

6. OhSheit

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    My annoying (but still love ya) sister made me a zoosk account the day I came out to her, it looked cheap. I guess it's time to reactivate? :dead1:

7. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3

Daps Received:
    Im just mad that sr folks meetin up is on the list for the gays. I guess, who knows

8. OhSheit

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Now you know our mamas, aunties and uncles are on there,, what you tryna start?

SB3 dapped this.
  9. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I have only tried Jack'd, recently Tinder and then OkCupid a long time ago. Jack'd is the only app where I have met one Nigerian guy for dating back in Houston. We had 3 dates and that was a good experience but that ended since I moved out here for graduate school.

Then for OkCupid, I met a Haitian dude who was also on Cypher Avenue and we are cool now. I have ZERO luck on Tinder out here in Florida. I just don't think South Florida which is mostly Latino then some White don't mess with black men like that.

10. tigerbreaux

tigerbreaux Polymath In-training
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I didn't know a lot of these had gay components. Also, while I'm not certain, a lot of these look real...white. I feel like these could possibly cater to white gays and those who seek them almost exclusively.

11. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Outside of BGC, M4N, A4A, Grndr, Jackd, is there any other websites/apps that black men heavily visit or are exclusively for black men?

12. tigerbreaux

tigerbreaux Polymath In-training
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I have no Idea. I've never even been on the first 3. The only sites/apps I use are Grindr, Jack'd and Tinder. Tinder is the only one I've gotten meaningful dates and friendships from.

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  13. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I did Jackd back in college. Met a few dudes off there. I deleted Grindr after 20 minutes. Didn't like it at all. I used OKcupid here and there. No meaningful luck. Honestly, I've given up on dating for now. It's exhausting. It's like a full time job.

Jdudre dapped this.
  14. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    LOL yeah the apps are draining @acessential. Too bad dating is so complicated for gays. I think it is better to find places where there are more gays and meet people in person.

acessential dapped this.
  15. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    When I was in ATL last time I saw you guys, I got so many matches on Tinder. Same thing back in Houston. Dudes out in South Florida just don't mess with black guys too much I think. The only thing is annoying is when I match people, then I take the initiative to message them and they don't hit me back.

I just gotta exhaust all avenues to meet more (black) gays in person I think. The online and app thing just sucks a lot of the time..at least in my case.

16. SB3

Daps Received:
    Btw, def didnt mean to come off as if seniors dont need love too. I was just implying that since we dont have much of a senior presence, it kinda stuck out and was unexpected, at least for me.

17. SB3

Daps Received:
    Yea, theres a site called hemeetshim.com catered to black men. Its a paysite tho, but cheap if I remember correctly. Not very known. I tried it a cpl years ago..along w match, zoosk, cupid, _____. Lol.

Crazy thing is, I had a date the other night, (online dude) that I really didnt wana go on, but felt bad cus dude was persistent n id alrdy rescheduled on him.

My biggest frustration w guys online is the lack of follow thru/move forward. The whole kid in a candy store thing keeps mofos hunting for red flags instead of about how it might actually be ok to grab a drink/grub w sum1, instead of continuous online quizzing.

I was just disappointed, as always. Im an avid supporter of the legitimacy and potential of online dating, having 2 (str8) friends who found their spouses online, but a lot of times, ppl just arent presenting their real selves, just like on jackd.

#17 SB3, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    cypher21 and Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  18. OhSheit

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Is badoo popular among gay people?

19. SB3

Daps Received:
    Never heard of it

20. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I am not familiar with a few of them but Match.com is catered toward white men. I am currently on that site and will be deleting once the time is up. Zoosk is pretty cool though. It has a better diverse mix of men than that other one.

21. acessential

Daps Received:
    Exactly. Online dating is misleading cuz I feel like everyone sees the wide selection available and automatically start looking for the 11 out of 10 guy. It's better to interact with someone in person because you can read each other's body language and see how you click in real time as opposed to photoshopped pictures and text on a page.

grownman and Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  22. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    YEAH A friend out here that I know spoke about this with me. You meet people's representatives and not the real person

SB3 dapped this.
  23. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I would figure Okcupid would be on the list. It would also be interesting to see the top online dating sites for black people/queer poc.

24. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I wish I could do a reply to all...
    All these comments and feed back gives me some really good ideas. I'm gonna have to do a follow up or Part 2 to this post soon. I feel like the list from that website is kinda misleading or should I say...white leaning. Hell, I didn't know no better.
    rocks
    Keep the feedback ah'coming...

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  25. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I decided to give up on dating sites last week and now you come out with this Ocky?? lol I haven't heard of some of these but I'm skeptical about them being any different from the others..What SB3 said about follow through is correct it makes it hard to form a relationship but honestly it can be intimidating sometimes. I know this one guy I had really great and interesting conversations with asked me a few times to come over his house (he lives literally down the street) but I felt uncomfortable doing that so I suggested we meet at a more neutral public place, see a movie or something and his response was always "But I'm Broke lol"......eventually he just stop texting me back.

I wish someone could make an online dating service that also consisted of a physical location that people who match online could meet, have lunch or whatever, have some kind of events that help people break the ice. Heh, that would be nice.

#25 cypher21, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    Infinite_loop and grownman dapped this.
  26. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    The are a few startups working on it, but most of them are doing city by city. Right now, they are mostly focusing on San Fransisco, which doesn't help the black(gay) man

cypher21 dapped this.
  27. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Maybe next time instead of trying to see a movie or do dinner, meet somewhere like the mall or a park. Also that dude may have been someone who is not mobile (public transportation user) so money for food and even for travel can really empty out his wallet.

grownman dapped this.
  28. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Are you sure he was interested in more than a hookup? Did he only want to hang if he knew you were going to get down to business? I would think he's up for more if he's having extended conversations with you, but he could have met you at a park or even just had a conversation outside in your neighborhood, no money required.

SB3 and OckyDub dapped this.
  29. cypher21

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    That's another thing I honestly couldn't tell...he said he didn't sleep with anyone outside of a relationship so I assumed that wasn't his intention until he kept asking me over. (He also sent nude pics) and saying things like "I just want to cuddle" and "Parts of me might get excited" so that's when I didn't know what to think.

Your right, he didn't have a car, neither do I right now, but a bus trip wouldn't have been too out of the question I feel and I was willing to pay for everything since I suggested it. We did come up with the idea of just taking a walk but that never went anywhere. (Didn't contact me back) I wouldn't have minded that though.

30. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Well you know better for next time. It's all good. He is not the last man on earth.

31. cypher21

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Yeah that's true.

32. Champagne Papi

Champagne Papi is a Featured MemberChampagne Papi side-n*gga paralegal
    Most Comedic Player The 1000 Daps Club Best Gifs

Daps Received:
    ...you're exactly right.

OkCupid is the only dating website that I was truly active in. And while I did like it and had some successes with it, it didn't help me out AT ALL when it came to meeting and dating other Black men. In actuality, it chipped away at my self-confidence a little bit. I would actively seek out and message other Black men but I rarely got a reply. In fact, the only ones that did reply directly replied that they exclusively date white men.

But overall, OkCupid was the dating site/app that I liked the most and had the most success with. I've tried Match (tons of white guys) and Jack'd (which wasn't for me) but they both fell drastically short of what I hoped the outcome would be.

SB3 dapped this.
  33. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Zoosk isn't to bad. But, yes I stepped back from all of it. Just chill.

34. OhSheit

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    That's it, I'm downloading Jack'd this weekend.

[​IMG]

But no really, I'm gonna see what it's giving. I hope I don't see any homothugs from my block on there or worse the nosy gays that might clock you. I've already read up on how to deactivate your account and everything. I'm set and ready to take this risk. We out!

35. acessential

Daps Received:
    I know a lot of dudes who make sure that the very first thing they do is go through the entire list and immediately block everyone they recognize and want nothing to do with. I may or may not have done this before too.