Transgender Woman Stabbed 119 times by Sailor

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by OckyDub, Sep 13, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]
    JACKSON COUNTY, MS (WLOX) -

The sailor accused of brutally stabbing a transgender woman to death in a St. Martin hotel on July 23 appeared before a Jackson County judge Monday morning.

During the hearing, Deputy Leo Allen, with the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department, took the stand and revealed gruesome details about what investigators found in the hotel room that evening.

According to Allen, autopsy results show 25-year-old Dee Whigham was stabbed 119 times. The deputy said many of the stab wounds were to her face, and her throat was slashed three times.

Allen said surveillance video from July 23 taken at the Best Western Hotel just north of I-10 shows Dwanya Hickerson, 20, and Whigham walking into a hotel room together around 8:30 p.m.

About 23 minutes later, according to Allen, Hickerson was seen leaving the room alone with his shirt hanging across his neck. Allen said in that time, Hickerson took a shower in the room and left the water running.

Whigham’s friends called 911 after finding her body around 9:45 p.m., Allen said. The friends told deputies they did not know Hickerson.

Allen said investigators are still working to determine the relationship between Hickerson and Whigham.

Investigators found several items missing from the room Whigham and her friends were staying in, according to Allen. He said Whigham’s cell phone and a Coach bag containing personal items were among the items reported missing.

Allen said authorities did not find any of these items on Hickerson, but some things, including a 10-inch, fixed blade Gerber knife, were recovered on the beach near where friends said they dropped him off later that night. Some items were burned, according to Allen.

Hickerson was arrested on Keesler Air Force Base two days after the killing. He is charged with capital murder.

Hickerson was a sailor stationed Keesler for training. Allen said an instructor on the base identified Hickerson as the man in surveillance video released by the sheriff’s department.

Allen said investigators recovered a bloody shirt from the base after barracks surveillance video showed Hickerson throwing a large garbage bag in the trash. Allen said the shirt has been sent to the crime lab for testing.

[​IMG]

2. jusrawb

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    This is tragic. I can see meeting people on line becoming a thing of the past for some in the near future.

Jdudre dapped this.
  3. SwagJack

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    This shit is sad. 119 times? This sounds like something deeper.

alton and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  4. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    119 stabs is excessive. There's definitely something more to it or around least his mental state. You don't stab someone that many times unless there's a lot of under the surface drama going on. I also find it a little hard to believe he was "surprised" at the eventually revelation of this lady's gender identity.

5. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    119 times is serious emotional involvement-or a psycho. Even one is one too many though and often that is all it takes. R.I.P. Nobody deserves this. Only 25 years old too. It will be interesting to see what the defense is in this case, if there is one.

6. Jdudre

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    This is a crime of passion where the person can't handle that their gay or attracted to someone blah, blah, blah basically society needs to figure out a way to actually help people like this instead of burning there heads in the sand or playing games

7. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    That would require massive societal changes that would necessarily involve much more than helping people like this. It would mean a general acceptance of same sex attraction and a de-stigmatizing of it, and for now, much of society will not tolerate that.

If that is the case then yes, what you say would be the answer-but I just see heads firmly buried in the sand for a while at least.

#7 ColumbusGuy, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    alton dapped this.
  8. Jdudre

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I understand that stuff like this has been happing since forever Ihave been reading news about the black gay community since before I knew their was one and because of it I'm kinda of tired of people acting like its new. After awhile the shoking does not shock you anymore it's just par for the course.

#8 Jdudre, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  9. TreDaDon

TreDaDon King To Be

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    She had a pretty face. So sad. RIP.

10. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I still think though that we are moving in the right direction, just not optimally fast, and more of with two steps forward, one step back. A sort of ungainly movement, but forward nonetheless.

11. Jdudre

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I get that it's all about patiance,understanding and I realz change takes time but it still hurts and infurates when so many people die because of what someone think's other people will think. I wish we as a people (not just black peopel or gay people but all of us )were truelly free

ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  12. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Yes it hurts and I yearn for the same things. I wish I could dap you more than once. That this horrible thing happened should be encouragement for us to continue to fight for justice in all areas and for all people.