Twitter rips into Kevin Hart for his remarks on Jussie Smollett’s attack

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Nick Delmacy, Feb 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    kevin-hart-gold-microphone-670x402.jpg

Jussie Smollett was attacked by two white men wearing ski masks who shouted, “Aren’t you that f*ggot ‘Empire’ n*gger?” before pouncing on him, breaking his rib, sliding a noose around his neck, dousing him in bleach, and fleeing the scene.

Smollett was taken to a local hospital where he was treated for his injuries. The Chicago Police Department is now investigating the incident as a “possible hate crime.”

The response to the attack has been a mix of shock, sadness, heartbreak, and outrage, with a number of celebrities, activists, and other public figures speaking out in support of Smollett, who has since been released from this hospital.

Among the calls for love and tolerance was none other than… Kevin Hart?

In an Instagram post, Hart called the incident “unbelievably sad” and decried society going “backwards.”

“This is unbelievably sad,” he wrote. “Why are we going backwards….this is disgusting. We as people have to do better. WTF is going on the world????”

He continued: “Why are we falling in love with hate???? God damn it people….Choose love…I repeat…Choose love. I will forever choose love and I will continue to teach my kids how to do the same. Stand strong brother”

The post was also shared on Hart’s Twitter page, where, let’s just say, it wasn’t received very warmly.

Here are just some of the responses…

[​IMG]

Hart wasted no time hitting back. In response to the criticism, he tweeted:

Unfortunately, just like his initial tweet, this one also didn’t go over well either…

It has become quite clear that self-reflection is not Kevin Hart’s strong suit. The man is incapable of understanding why his words and actions are problematic and he’s never going to give people the proper apology they want. At some point, folks are simply going to have to move on. In the meantime, Mr. Hart might consider taking a nice, long vacation, somewhere warm and tropical, without WiFi or access to social media.

Twitter rips into Kevin Hart and D.L. Hughley for their remarks on Jussie Smollett’s attack

Kevin Hart lashes out, accuses people of using Jussie Smollett attack to further “harp” on him

I-Stay-Woke and SB3 dapped this.
  2. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I feel like he thinks that because he approaches these discussions w a soft spoken, non confrontational tone, while emphasizing everything BUT the actual issue at hand, ppl are just supposed to be like, 'oh, ok, now I see'. It hasn't been as talked about, but he was asked about the whole 'cowboys and indians' themed bday party his kid had during his appearance on the breakfast club, and all he could say was 'all this over a KIDS party?! a KIDS party?!' Like, zero awareness that using an entire people as a costume theme isn't cool just because the adults with said great idea use it on kids instead of themselves.

OhSheit and Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  3. jusrawb

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I don't see an issue with Kevin putting a statement out supporting Jussie but I also understand why people would want to voice their opinions about him doing so. Its like the more Kevin talks about this subject the worse it gets. He should just stop responding and prove to people with his actions if he truly means it.

thane, SB3 and OhSheit dapped this.