Twitter Suspends Azealia Banks' Account. I Call BULLSH!T

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, May 13, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

Let’s go in. Azealia Banks is known for speaking her mind and opinion, stirring bullshit up on social media…AND? Numerous people (celebrities included) use social media to express their douchbaggery asshole foolishness. We’ve all seen it.

Apparently social media companies (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) have different standards for different people. Let me be aggressively blunt and clear; depending on your status, ethnicity, sexuality, gender and possible religion affiliation; different rules apply to different people.

Below are the inappropriate texts from Bank’s (a Black Bi-sexual woman) that were posted on Twitter. These tweets are what caused a small shit storm of faux controversy that celebrity gossip media whores sopped up with biscuits, while crying and pointing their fingers towards the racism and homophobia she expressed…yawn.

A bit of context; these were obvious insensitive comments towards heart-throb Zayn Malik of the boy band One Direction. Laugh at the stupidity (but small nuggets of truth) within her comments.

[​IMG]

@zaynmalik dude, I make better music than you. Simmer down with that fake white boy rebellion and that wannabe beiber swag— BRUJA DEL BLOQUE (@AZEALIABANKS) May 10, 2016

@zaynmalik lol u a bitch nigga for even responding like that. Keep sucking this yung rapunxel dick u hairy curry scented bitch— BRUJA DEL BLOQUE (@AZEALIABANKS) May 10, 2016

@zaynmalik you were the the token brown boy. All those white boys in 1D disrespected you and made you their PET— BRUJA DEL BLOQUE (@AZEALIABANKS) May 10, 2016

@zaynmalik you were only apart of 1d to draw brown attention. You are and ALWAYS will be a TOKEN to the UK— BRUJA DEL BLOQUE (@AZEALIABANKS) May 10, 2016

@zaynmalik Lol zayn bitch ass gave my cell number out to his fans 2 hours ago. if that’s not some faggot shit. WHO KNOWS WHAT IS!?— BRUJA DEL BLOQUE (@AZEALIABANKS) May 11, 2016

@zaynmalik Do you understand that you are a sand nigger who emulates white boys’ renditions of black male hood?— BRUJA DEL BLOQUE (@AZEALIABANKS) May 11, 2016

Yeah…some dumb shit right. BUT here is the thing, she was banned / suspended over these comments. Seems logical and fair right? I want you to read the Tweets below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let’s not forget the false made up meme (created by a White Supremacist Nazi group) that Donald Trump Tweeted concerning African American crime?

[​IMG]

None of these people were banned for their racist or misogynistic rhetoric within their tweets; why not? Twitter is filled with these types of comments on the daily. Why aren’t these people suspended or banned? What about this bullshit here…the crown jewel of racial tolerance and understanding:

[​IMG]

Almost all of media (mainstream and non-mainstream) complained about this one Tweet from Donald Trump and agreed it was over the top insensitive. Why wasn’t his account suspended? Are Latino groups going to come together to hold Twitter accountable? What about the uber popular BlackTwitter; are they gonna collectively come together to hold the Twitter executive decision makers accountable for their seemingly wishy- washyness to who is allowed to make racist or homophobic comments that saturates Twitter daily? Even if they did, would Twitter listen?

Since when does a D-list pop culture rap/R&B artist have more societal pull and influence than a Presidential candidate to the point where she needs to be banned due to her inflammatory comments? Is this where we’re as the United States of America?

One Direction supporters (were talking about a fucking pop group) came together to petition the Twitter “powers that be” to suspend another musical artist with an opinion. Think about that. Within 24 to 48 hours, fans of a pop musical group influenced a social media power house to ban an insignificant (in the grand scheme of things) musical rap artist.

Regardless of who does or doesn’t protest directly to Twitter; Twitter has and continues to allow racist, homophobic, misogynist, sexist, xenophobic (and all other phobics and ist) language within their platform, seemingly with no repercussions or consequences.

How is it that Azealia Banks gets the ban hammer and others don’t? Maybe it’s not about race, sexuality or gender, but simply due to the fact that she is an easy public target who was on the receiving end of faux public outrage. Regardless, Twitter is full of shit.

#FAIL
    #DOUBLESTANDARDS

Read the whole post here.

Winston Smith, Tyroc and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  2. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    This is rather F ed up. I may not particularly care for this chick, but there's plenty of racists, xenophobes, sexists, homophobes, and you name it mean spirited folks on Twitter who also deserve to be banned if they are going to start banning people for using slurs.

Yep. I laughed at her getting dragged but this isn't fair.

ColumbusGuy, Winston Smith and Tyroc dapped this.
  3. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I am worried about Banks' edges and I really don't give a shit about the controversy but it does seem a bit absurd that she get suspended when there is so much shit on twitter that should be removed. I do think that Banks calling Malik a sand nigger and faggot what a bad choice on her part because I am sure the millions of malik's directioner fan base reported the shit out of her account.

bpaisle and Winston Smith dapped this.
  4. Discordant

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Her edges are troubling, indeed. Maybe we should do a GoFund me to try to rehabilitate them? Granted, they'll probably be snatched again figuratively and physically again in short order.

bpaisle dapped this.
  5. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    :kermit::smugbiden:

Discordant dapped this.
  6. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    She called that muhf@#ka a "Sand Nigga!" LMAO I haven't heard that since Paul Mooney. I honestly don't even know who this chick is aside from seein her name randomly peppered throughout Social Media, but the situation itself is pretty preposterous. That Sand Nigg@ comment is what did her in, tho. Like Jessie Jackson callin' NYC Heimey Town, during his Presidential run. LMAO!
    [​IMG]

Tyroc dapped this.
  7. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    Yeah twatter let Zimmerman keep his account after reposting photos of the victim of his murderous rage, teenage Trayvon Martin and spewing fourth any vile and racist thoughts that pop into his brown head and no ban.

8. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    lol

9. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Man, f*ck a double standard and f*ck this b*tich. Point Blank.....

Yea, Trump and any other of those examples used can be insensitive as fvck in regards to mexicans, women, etc.... But when you start using SAND NIGGER, equipped with the ''ER'' at the end as well as FAGGOT on a public platform, B*TCH KICK ROCKS....

Show me other examples of people using that exact language and maintaining there accounts. Im actually all for free speech, but we live in a society as well. And when you wanna go in on somebody, you can be insensitive as fvck but be smarter with it than just saying hateful, derogatory sh*t that is ignorant as hell to boot. Case in point, the 14 year old girl was smart with her "reads" without being ignorant. She definitely took a SERIOUS L this time and that lack luster career is gonna be basically toxic trash at this point. Some people are very powerful with many of followers, yet along industry friends and counterparts, connects etc. Good luck with people in the industry not side eyeing that chick even more than they did before.

Go work at CVS on 125th street B*tch, and tell me what aisle the condoms and lube on tramp.

redsai84 dapped this.
  10. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Just to be clear...you're fine with folks being racist on Twitter as long as they don't say n*gger? You're fine with folks being homophobic on Twitter as long they don't say n*gger?

Why wasn't she banned when she called other Black people n*gger or fa@@ot? Her language is not new and she has been saying if for years on Twitter to other black people with no repercussions. Isn't that strange?

11. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Yep, thats strange indeed. Didn't know she has been saying N*gger on twitter for a while. And did not get banned yet. She should of been banned a while ago then, IMO. And anyone else who uses it for that matter. That sh*t is just pathetic to me. Do you have examples of others using it like that, that still use it with NO repercussions? Im sincerely asking.

And just to be clear as well, NO I'm not fine with folks being racist on twitter just as long as they don't say N*GGER. However, if you can use your words to not out write say N*GGER, than although I personally still think you still full of sh*t, speech is speech.

And I would take issue with insensitive, ignorant speech no matter what you say. The examples you used I don't cosign with. They are fvcked up as well. But when you start vomiting obvious trigger, polarizing words with long history of causing division such as N*GGER, FAGGOT, than you just gotta go.

12. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I understand your point but I'm looking past the word n*gger.

During GamerGate, women got called every cunt imaginable simply because they wanted more positive female diversity in video games. I think (for a white women) cunt is much more damaging and impactful towards them then the word n*gger.

When the women who spear headed the campaign complained to Twitter, nothing was done. The last I saw her in an interview she said only 1 person so far had been charged for sending her death threats even though she received many via social media including Twitter.

Winston Smith and alton dapped this.
  13. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    LOL "See You Next Tuesday"
    [​IMG]

I've always found the term "Cunt" HILARIOUS. And yes, {white} women (and effeminate gay black/latino men, outside of the ballroom) can't stand that word LMAO

14. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    LOL, I can't stand you.

alton dapped this.
  15. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    If George Zimmerman could have an account then let the girl have hers.

OckyDub dapped this.
  16. Patrick

Patrick Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Pansexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I think they should have been flagged her ass. Yes, a lot of people say some terrible things on twitter and get away with it. But you don't see celebrities doing what she is doing every other week. Yeah, there was a time when Tila Tequila was talking trash but I feel like nobody pays her any mind, she's like R-List celebrity at this point. Azealia is at least an F list celebrity who gets attention from starting arguments and throwing statements at people to get a tingle in her twat. The same thing she was throwing Iggy Azalea under the bus for every occasion she got to say that white woman was a racist, is the same thing she's doing to every person she can. Degrading people just because she feels like she's right. Sometimes, you just need to shut your mouth and play your cards before someone shuts you up... and Twitter shut that ass up cause its literally every other week if not once a month since she released her first few songs and got some spotlight put on her.

Winston Smith dapped this.
  17. DFW Brutha

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Eh...beyond her shock value tactics (race/sexual orientation expletives), there are some sound arguments that she utters in her retorts. Ultimately, she is a self saboteur as both the Industry and the Pink Dollar have banned together to

[​IMG]

her would-be career/growth.

Discordant, Winston Smith and alton dapped this.
  18. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Untitled.png
    You can’t tell me Twitter doesn’t have algorithms or the technology in place that can monitor offensive language on their platform. I’m all for freedom of expression but the rules need to apply to all evenly across the board, not simply to some or those celebrities we just don’t like. Azealia Banks account should have never been suspended.

Winston Smith dapped this.
  19. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Yep. That's why I never really got too much into the social media wave. I only recently started a Twitter account for my home business, and I am still on the fence about Facebook after all these years. Having the majority of the Internet population end up behind "walled gardens" like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. is great in that, if you catch on, you instantly reach thousands/millions in a way that was much harder in first-wave Internet. The flip side is that you've ceded a ton of power to Zuckerberg, Bezos, et al, and they can instantly shut you down since it's their party and their rules of censorship and editorial content.

20. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I think the rules should be equal. If she's flagged, similar parties should be flagged. That being said, I would hate to be a public relations person for a celebrity in the social media age. People like Azalea, Kanye et al can bypass their handlers with Twitter and cellphones, which is why they run into so much trouble. Think of how tight and locked down Hollywood used to keep people like Tab Hunter and Rock Hudson, as well as the press from outing them. Now, it's just everything, all the time ...

21. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I must also add that clearly something is up with her mentally, from the little backstory I know. On top of that she's just very angry, wants attention and easily provoked. This all can't be for publicity or for people to buy her stuff because she releases majority of her music for free anyway. Something just ain't right with her. You can tell there's no real family or friends around. I just think banning her is a little much, especially with the double standards Ocky mentioned. Either let her be or get rid of all the foul ppl both celeb or non, don't be selective. And as much as people say they're offended by her tirades they sure love to pay attention to her and egg her on just for entertainment. So come on now...twitter people live for this stuff. I ain't get nothing out of her arguing with that 14 year old... why was that in the NEWS? Who cares?

OckyDub dapped this.
  22. bpaisle

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    From an overall standpoint, you can't ban her without banning other people for using similar language. This is a country of free speech and realistically she is entitled to say whatever she wants. If Donald trump can call all Mexicans criminals and racists (and be the GOP frontrunner) then she can call Zayn a sand nigger. (Mind you he has a much bigger platform to says these stupid things than she does) Now to her specifically, I am not a fan. I think she is a bit of an internet bully and attacks people, usually without any provocation. So I really could not care less whether her account was suspended or not.
    giphy.gif

23. Patrick

Patrick Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Pansexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Definitely the rules need to be on equal playing grounds....

Wait you mean Azalea or Azealia? Cause Azalea can't say anything on Twitter without someone turning it into a huge story. She said to someone who called her Becky "don't call me Becky it's not cool. Don't stereotype people by calling them (insert name that people relate to a race for example 'dont call a black girl shanaynay')." And then the headline on the story will read "Iggy Azalea thinks calling white women Becky is Racist" when she only was saying its derogatory and insulting.
    Hollywood used to be full of smoke and mirrors and it kept the stories good when you actually were privy to them.
    Azealia has claimed to be Bipolar as an excuse as to why she responds to things the way she does...if that's the case don't run your social media and work on your content. Look at Beyonce, she doesn't follow one person on social media, ain't never tweeted at anyone. Azealia just doesn't have a team around her probably because nobody can deal with her. Kanye, has Kris Jenner so he can say what he wants and it will end up on an episode of the Kardashian show lol.

24. Comment Imported From Main Site

Daps Received:
    I will have to disagree. Twitter (and other social media platforms for that matter) is not unequivocally without blame in the environment and culture that they cultivate on their site. However, I'm sure if the altercation remained between two adults nothing would have happened to her. Just like the other umpteenth times she's gone on these tirades without reprimand. She came for a child. Body-shamed a child. Then proceeded to sling disgusting derogatory insults about said child's mother. Now before they're inserted into the conversation. Yes, we have examples of others displaying such deplorable behavior. Trump, who continues to use coded speak and passing along racist propaganda to deflect direct blame to self. Iggy, who has evidence of past transgressions on the site. However, Azaelia has had a continued presence of vile, ignorant, and irate attacks on others in general and I'd argue she hasn't been touched sooner simply on the fact that it is well predicted that action taken against her will strike a certain sensitivity.

25. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    She did not get banned for what she said to a child. ALL reports mentioned why she got banned. It was for racist and homophobic tweets....NOTHING about body shaming. Don't make excuses for unbalanced consequences.