Waffle House or the Police?! Whose fault is it?!

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Nigerian Prince, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    After seeing the second incident of what happened at Waffle House, who's to blame? Do you guys think it is Waffle House or the Police?

I honestly can't with the videos of the incidents because I just think the media attempts to desensitize black people by always showing harmful things happen with black people.

Will you guys still eat at Waffle House? I already know that even though the last thing happened at Waffle House a month or so ago with the black kid being choked out after his prom that MANY black people were still at the Waffle House in Atlanta after the clubs closed. This past Memorial Day Weekend in ATL, I went a few times to Waffle House and it was like the club after the club in there! It was SO LIT!

2. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3

Daps Received:
    Blk ppl aren't passing up cheap food! How else do you expect them to afford food after they've spent their whole checks on Balenciaga, Fendi and any/every other white man whose bills they need pay?

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  3. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I don’t think it’s just a black thing. One of the reasons I fell in love with Jim Gaffifan’s humor is that his specific takes on the love for cheap food pretty much reflects mine and a lot of black folk.

They have a few Waffle Houses back in my home state, but I never went to them because, until recently, they were cash only and there are none in Chicago. Plus IHOP fulfills all my cheap trash food needs without the gunfire and news cycle drama of Waffle House (and now they’ll deliver!).

Nigerian Prince and SB3 dapped this.
  4. SB3

Daps Received:
    I was just being a smart ass about the fact that blk ppl only pull their support dollars when it's another blk person/business who 'wrongs'.

Also, Id bet my rent that even if there was a blk owned version right down the street called soul house, blk ppl would still find a reason not to skip waffle house.

Nigerian Prince and Winston Smith dapped this.
  5. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    @SB3 Is Sylvia’s still a thing your way? I am so pissed I had friends from NYC since God knows when and never BEEN there. When I was a kid, I met Spike Lee right after his first movie and he actually gave me, handwritten, his contact info in Brooklyn for an internship. Which I LOST a year later. That’s how trifling my NYC-knowing-adjacent azz is.

I’m coming to NYC this year, he’ll or high water, so I hope everything black in cuisine hasn’t been nullified and gentrified into Starbucks...

6. SB3

Daps Received:
    Yezzir! And I actually haven't been to Sylvia's myself. It's def still a thing tho. When/IF you get here we'll make it happen.

I'm surprised by how many ppl I kno who have never been here. You are def not alone. I guess now all of the gays only care about making it to ATL.

And you were playin, sleepin on Spike!!

Winston Smith dapped this.
  7. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    You're right. It's always a great night cap.

8. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Yeah I gotta make it out to NY maybe for the the end of next year so I can see you, @Infinite_loop , @questforknowledge and some of the other squad members too

SB3 and Winston Smith dapped this.
  9. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    @SB3 Well, Lee seemed like a "one hit wonder" at the time. Then he started doing Anita Baker music videos, Nike commercials, and then "Hollywood Shuffle" and "School Daze" came out and people started realizing that there was a new black cinema arising. You got to remember I'm in the midwest, which might as well be Mars compared to NYC. But I was always NYC-adjacent in terms of culture and friends. My favorite newspaper as a kid was the Brooklyn City-Sun (I got an out-of-state subscription after the Tawana Brawley episode), so I'm old enough to remember when Armond White was actually a great black writer and connoisseur of NY talent rather than a bitter old queen and troll for the right. I wish I had been old enough to be around for the days of Keith Haring, Basquiat, et al. But knowing me, I'd been a straight ho in NYC if that was the case and probably be dead from pre-ART HIV.

This is my no-excuses travel year. So, ATL is upcoming (have been before), I anticipate NYC first of Oct. In addition to Sylvia's, Jamaican, East African, and REAL Sicilian pizza will need to be on the list (don't get me started on what these sorry azz people in Chicago consider "pizza" ... ugh...)

#9 Winston Smith, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    SB3 dapped this.