WATCH: Down Low Pastors Reveal Their Gay Affairs on ‘Iyanla, Fix My Life’ [FULL EPISODE]

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Nigerian Prince, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Watch Iyanla Fix Life S05E01 DSR x264 NY2 mp4

Shout out to Madb86 to sending me this video. It is the full episode (Part I of III) of Iyanla, Fix My Life. Just click the video link then click "continue to video" when the site loads up and you can see the full episode!

Please let me know your thoughts on the episode below.

2. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I didn't get through the entire episode because I feel to bad for these men and all the men and women in Churches that forced them into shame and silence. I feel bad for these men who are living lies, lies before their families and friends, and lies before their "loving" God. But it any case, by these men going on national television, they are breaking free, hopefully. This shows that fear is extremely powerful, regardless of how irrational those fears may be....I can only hope that these men and those gays in the church find a path to live in their own truth, whatever that may be,

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  3. Desh92

Desh92 Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I love Iyanla's work, the episode seemed to really focus on realizing your own choices and the selfishness. There was supposed to be a third pastor, but I guess they did not want to be filmed.

4. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Very right. Fear can be a powerful thing if we let it. I've made huge strides in my journey and that episode right there got me inspired and thinking about a lot of things. I may be out to my parents before I finish graduate school. Who knows.

5. over-it

over-it Only the REAL

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    The institution of the black church has kept gay black men in bondage for years. It's unfortunate that we are faced to live a life of lies, deceit, and shame. As a young boy, my mother used psychological mind games to try and scare me from being gay and living my true self. She saw something in me very early on and she was afraid of what that reality might end up making me become, but I was already it. Unlike the gentleman in the video, I was not molested. I was born this way. I prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed for God to deliver me and set me free from homosexuality, yet here I stand at 34 years old still struggling to be comfortable in my own skin. The black church has a way of making you feel like being "YOU" is the worst thing in the world.

#5 over-it, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  6. Ishmal

Ishmal Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Whenever I see these programs I always wonder why do black gay men continue to support a business that does this to them.

If you went to a nasty restaurant who had horrible service and nasty food, you would not go back and tell your friends not to go. Why then is it hard to do the same with the business that is church?

7. Karsh

Karsh Lurker

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I can't believe Iyanla is milking this for three episodes. I know she means well, but her jiggery-pokey bosom-supported quackery can be too much for me.

8. IWBAIA

IWBAIA Lurker

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    As black male living in the the South aka "The Bible Belt", I understand where these men and men like them are coming from. These men are raised in the church from birth. They and there families attend church together, a lot of there own family members are the pastors and ministers at these churches. So "Church" is not a business to them, it is a way of life and more importantly it is there family. So for a black gay man to have to truly be real with his self, he would have to turn his back on all he knows and risk losing not a "business" but his whole way of life, including his family and friends. This is a major life changing decision. No, I am not saying this is right, but it is so much more to it than just business.

9. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Sadfully, his situation is the same situation in a lot of families with gay (or bisexual) men, especially Black men. To put on a mask everyday to oblige to being a church and religious to hide/suppress your sexuality is a very trying struggle. And it looks like the Church is not looking at his issue making many cases like this real, but covered behind the pulpit.

10. I-Stay-Woke

I-Stay-Woke Lurker

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I felt like everyone already knew about the big light skin pastor. And why didn't the other pastor tell his congregation?

11. JasonAKMitchell

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Growing up in the church I was just happy to have some light brought into the situation.

It must come to light.

12. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Many probably question whether the church is the problem or their homosexual feelings. They may believe that they need to fix themselves rather than the church, or that the homosexual feeling is just a cross that they were chosen to bear. Religion has powerful holds on people, even when contradictory evidence exists.