WATCH: Short Film "Modern Men"

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by Nick Delmacy, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    [​IMG]

Want to know what it takes to be a modern man in 2015? Check out this tongue-in-cheek short film, “Modern Men,” written and directed by student filmmaker Manny Rios Alers. The simple, one location film hyperbolically explores how the blurred lines between platonic straight male intimacy and erotic gay male intimacy can be confusing as shit.

“Modern Men” stars new actors Dylan William, Mike Daniel and Sir Charles Baxter.

What are your thoughts on Platonic Male Intimacy? Have you ever witnessed straight men being a little too “comfortable” with each other in public?

Read the whole post here.

BlackOnyx1 dapped this.
  2. KritiKal Analysis

KritiKal Analysis "Be the Standard, Not the Substitute..." DMCureton
    Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Ok...that was kinda funny...good job overall! My question is what's "Gonzo Grab?" I can use some deductive reasoning to figure out what the "gonzo" is and why you would want to grab it, but how do u "play" the game?

ctforbes dapped this.
  3. Naturally10Me

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Oh this is LA Fitness Atlantic Station all day long. I use to be the white dude when I ran track. But I am so like the other dudes now... I could give two fucks....lol Thanks LA

I think my d*** got hard. The subtle stuff is such a turn on :)

#3 Naturally10Me, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  4. Kouncelor

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    it's the trend with the younger kids. I just left teaching highschool.. A large number of girls considered themselves gay or bisexual. In addition to saying things like"no-homo" or "I'm not gay", many of the boys would say things like, "It is what it is" or "I'm a freak" when it came down to male on male activity.

5. Naturally10Me

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I can't say just younger cause hell I'm 32 and I hear my generation say it all the time too. Millennials (Gen Y and Gen Z are damn near similar, but they just take it run with it to some extremes unimaginable...lol. Find some examples @Kouncelor and post them in thread. Also I think we are entering to an age of sexual freedom where people don't look at people as a sex but rather a spirit having an experience. As if they just see the inner and give two shits about the exterior. thoughts?

6. bisonboy

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I think I would be scared as hell to play gonzo grab in high school. We didn't have working showers that I can recall so all of this changing in the locker room is new to me. Depending on how I am feeling most of the time I will gladly walk around the locker room butt ball naked and not care. I also have a tendency to peek/ stare when I see a physically fit endowed Black brother in the locker room in his birthday suit. (I need to work on the latter.)

7. FREEDOM TRAIN

FREEDOM TRAIN Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    HI AFRICAN KING, NOTHING IS WRONG WITH INTIMACY BETWEEN MEN , IT'S ACTUALLLY A GOOD THING . IT'S THE > LINE CROSSING THING < . DO WE GO FURTHER AND HAVE SEX . - I UNDERSTAND THE INTIMACY THING AS A GAY MAN . IT CAN BE TRICKY. THE BOTTOM LINE IS IF THEY WANT TO LET YOU HAVE SEX WITH THEM THEY WILL , OTHER WISE DON'T STRESS YOURSELF OUT ABOUT IT. BE STRONG MY BROTHER. LOL

8. FREEDOM TRAIN

FREEDOM TRAIN Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    HATE THAT THERE ISN'T ANY SOUND [ WHY POST IT ? ] -- BUT IT IS A NICE SHORT STORY. I COULD EASILY SEE IT BEING A HOT LONG FORM FILM COMPLETE WITH NAKEDNESS [ LOL ]. - BUT IT IS SO ON POINT. JUST BY BEING INCLUDED IN BEING ONE OF THE BOYS ENTITLES YOU TO SOME INTIMACY PERKS. AS A CLOSET BI GUY , I JUST SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE PERKS. LOL

9. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    The film had sound when we originally posted back in 2015. Looks like the filmmaker used copyrighted music and it got deleted by YouTube.

10. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I will check this out.