WB Rumored To Be Worried About Batman Vs. Superman & Justice League Movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by OckyDub, Feb 12, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    "People are starting to lay eyes on the film and the response has been not exactly what I think they wanted."
    [​IMG]

Zack Snyder and Warner Bros. recently released the final Batman Vs. Superman trailer, which was better received than the last.

Now it's being said Warner Bros. is worried.

The info comes from HitFix's Drew McWeeny who talks about the latest Batman Vs. Superman trailer and the Justice League universe.

"I do think this is the moment now for Warner to make the case," McWeeny offered. "Sort of pulling the curtain back a little bit, Warner is a little bit worried. This movie [Batman v Superman] is starting to scare them. And it's scaring them because they are starting to show it to people now. People are starting to lay eyes on the film and the response has been not exactly what I think they wanted."

McWeeny goes on to speculate that he thinks Suicide Squad will be a hit; that Wonder Woman will be finished the way they are planning, but McWeeny goes on to say he will be surprised if Justice League starts filming when it's supposed to, and also that he will be surprised if Zack Snyder directs it.

McWeeny continues with mention that he has talked with enough people close to the studio that his guess is Justice League will get pushed back, and the Ben Affleck Batman standalone movie will take the place of Justice League Part 1 in 2017.

"My guess is they're gonna throw whatever money it takes at Ben Affleck to make that Batman film happen sooner rather than later," McWeeny said. "Because they are going to need to rebuild again. They are going to need to win people back over. They are going to need to lay some different ground work. I don't think this is going to be the springboard for the Justice League they wanted it to be."

McWeeny also says the two things he hears that are working for WB is that Ben Affleck's Batman is said to be "very good," and Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor "is great."

It's also suggested the reason for the problems surrounding the movie is that it was rushed, as two days prior to the Comic-Con announcement was when they decided to do Batman Vs. Superman. It's further said the WB Justice League movie universe is suffering from not having someone at the head of it - similar to Marvel's Kevin Feige - and that if Batman Vs. Superman doesn't make a billion dollars at the box office to expect a lot of changes following the movie's release.

McWeeny also goes on to to state to look for promotion to shift toward Ben Affleck and Batman.

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" has a March 25, 2016 release starring Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Jeremy Irons as Alfred, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Ray Fisher as Cyborg with Callan Mulvey, Holly Hunter as Senator Finch and Tao Okamoto as Mercy Graves. Justice League is to follow directed by Zack Snyder as well.

Read more: WB Rumored To Be Worried About Batman Vs. Superman & Justice League Movie Universe Future

2. redsai84

redsai84 For the night is dark and full of terrors.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    ya im not looking forward to this movie it just seems like they put to much into a 2 hour movie

Cyrus-Brooks and DreG dapped this.
  3. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    This movie is a prime example of a studio going Please Like Us! We have Batman!
    [​IMG]

redsai84 and OckyDub dapped this.