What can I Post on CA?

Discussion in 'Site Questions, Support and Feedback' started by RobFather X, Feb 8, 2016.

1. RobFather X

Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I'm a blogger and an unpublished or freelance writer. I am a person who simply likes to express his thoughts in verbal as well as in written form. Sometimes I publish my thoughts to my blog or on my Facebook wall. Other times what I write turns out to be what I call "an exercise in writing" and thus the article that I've spent hours working on never gets published to the blog or posted on Facebook. That's often because my shyness factor kicks in and I start having thoughts like,"Who will read this shit?"

Now, some people on Facebook don't like it whenever I write or post anything on my FB page as an original post or as a reply/comment to a FB post, that is [what they like to say]"too long to read". Oh well. I simply write as if I were speaking to the reader. I tend to use as many or as few words necessary to make my point or explain my points of view- depending on the subject matter and my knowledge, feelings or passion about it.
    Since the birth of social media outlets like Facebook, I’ve found (to my dismay) that some people don't like to read things anymore. They prefer photos and videos than any long text. That could explain why some the postings of some people show a limited vocabulary, piss-poor grammar and poor English syntax skills. In a non-verbal environment, ambiguity in written expression is a terrible enemy and one which can cause unintended miscommunication. I see it all the time. Social media isn’t the only place where I’ve seen this happen. It happens in emails and text messages too. It peeves me greatly, especially when the sender or writer seemingly expects me to figure out or make sense of what they just wrote or had sent to me.
    But I’m digressing from the intended purpose of this cipher...oops, I mean cypher. LOL!

I write about various things and would like to share some of what I think may be of interest with you guys on CA. Is there a policy governing the length of content posted in a cypher or should I keep all my cyphers limited to just a few lines of text?
    - RobFather X

grownman and Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  2. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I don't know what the site would say, but I have seen some fairly long posts that are more than a few lines. Also I don't see very many guys of 'a certain age' on here and these young gays need to here from the older black men on here and I don't qualify on the one count so I wish older gay black men on this site would post more. Just my opinion of course

Nick Delmacy and RobFather X dapped this.
  3. RobFather X

Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Kool. And you're right, Columbus. Us older men need to post and speak out more. As an older g, I have a lot to say and share.
    So-o-o-o....if you younger guys are willing to read then I'm willing to share whatever my experience and/or knowledge I have or my perspective about things. ;)

grownman, Nick Delmacy and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  4. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Age is devalued in this society, even more so among same gender loving guys. As an older black SGL man, you have a wealth of experience/knowledge/history/insight that only time can accumulate. You are a special and unique resource to the other younger gay black men on here. I cannot be that on this site as an outsider looking in.

The fact that you are SGL and still walking this Earth at the age of 55 is a victory in and of itself.

This is to all of the older members/lurkers on this site as well.

RobFather X and Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  5. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    @Ockydub is def familiar with your work, he can help you with this...While this site offers more freedom than Facebook, Cypher Avenue is still not an "anything goes" type of place.

RobFather X dapped this.
  6. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I think you can look through current and past posts on The Boards to see the types of discussions had in the threads. I think subject matter can be more important than length. I would stress to try to create threads in the most fitting category for your topic.

RobFather X dapped this.
  7. RobFather X

Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    You got it. :nerd:

#7 RobFather X, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2016
  8. RobFather X

Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Aight... can do. I am scanning some of the previously posts on this site as time allows. Thanks.