What Clock did he invent Exactly?

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Oct 20, 2015.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]
    Lil dude should never have been arrested; HOWEVER that being said, he never invented a clock. If taking shyt apart is the standard of "invention" then I invented a lot of shyt when I was a kid. The FREE merchandise and scholarships that he has received since the outrage is the same society that gives out trophies just for showing up and cheer leads mediocrity. Have fun in Qatar dude.

Ahmed Mohamed And His Clock Are Moving To Qatar

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  2. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married

SB3 dapped this.
  3. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I don't care, let him enjoy all of that shit. He's not the one that fucked up in the first place, which ultimately got him those things.

luxuriousblu dapped this.
  4. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    The over hyped media attention is what got him the free stuff and the fact that "islamophobia" was/is the hot button buzz word at the time due to the anti-Mohammad rallies being had.

BTW... this young lady didnt get they same type of support. Wonder why?
    [​IMG]
    Florida Teen Arrested for Science Experiment Never Offered Same Support as Ahmed Mohamed

5. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I don't think people are saying he invented anything. Most stories and headlines say he made a clock. That's it. And obviously, the other kids who were arrested for doing similar things shouldn't have gone through those things either. But I hate the whole "oppression olympics" game people like to play. Let little man enjoy his recognition. Islamophobia is real. We can at least give him that.

Also, Bill Maher is an Islamophobic piece of shit, so I take anything he says with a grain of salt.

6. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Headlines and lil dude stated both (made & invented). He did NEITHER and shouldn't be recognized for a non-existent accomplishment. He literally took a clock apart and put it in a pencil box and closed the box. That's like taking an Xbox or PS4 apart and putting it into a box and saying I "made or invented" a new gaming console. That's bullshyt.

At any rate he shouldn't have been arrested for it (one subject) which has nothing to do with him getting credit for taking a clock apart and stating he invented or made a clock (different subject).

The fact that he and media can't be called out for this foolishness says something about our current society. #Trophiesforeverybody

7. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    He's become a poster child for phony white liberal outrage and Arab ass kissers in the black community. I get a real laugh over black queers on Tumblr shedding alligator tears over "islamophobia." Their gay asses would be thrown in prison, beaten, or executed in an Islamic country. Sorry I have a hard time getting upset over this non-story. Black kids get subjected to this and worse in schools everyday. Welcome to America Ahmed.

#7 Cyrus-Brooks, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    OckyDub dapped this.
  8. acessential

Daps Received:
    If you're only source for this is Bill Maher, I can't take your argument seriously. Bill Maher is known for being pretentious and Islamophobic. It's like getting Donald Trump's opinion on Mexicans. And even if he didn't build the clock, so what? People aren't recognizing him solely based on that. It's about what the situation represents. Obviously people latched onto the story and gave him praise he probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise. But I think that's okay considering that in the large scheme of things, a small victory for a little Muslim boy is a drop in the bucket compared to the sea of negative perceptions of Muslims as a whole.

Also, standing up for injustice doesn't stop simply because I'm gay. Persecution of gay people in some, not all, majority Muslim countries is an entirely separate issue. That does not change the fact the Muslims suffer from discrimination here in the U.S. They deserve respect just like anyone else. Lastly, Arab =/= Muslim

Jdudre dapped this.
  9. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    First I too don't agree with all Bill Mahar's views on Islam and who said my only source was him? This story surrounding this boy was world wide. How did you draw that conclusion, simply because I had a video from his show displaying the media's hypocrisy about lil dude. Seriously?

The kid should not have been arrested and he should not be getting accolades for doing nothing.

If liberal media wants to prop up and stand behind a lil Muslim boy...why not the one below...
    [​IMG]
    Saudi teen to be executed by CRUCIFIXION for anti-Government protest

#9 OckyDub, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  10. Cyrus-Brooks

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    What makes you think I'm relying on Bill Maher for my information? I'm perfectly capable of forming my own conclusions about Islam without any help from some white man who fancies himself a comedian and social commenter. Also some of my own family members are Muslim but that still doesn't change my negative view Islam or Abrahamic religion in general. My point is this one kid who got a raw deal from the system isn't unique. It happens all the time to black kids in the educational system I don't see anyone getting upset for them.

I make it a point not to support people who don't support me. What you do is your business. Also I suggest you look up the various laws and punishment for homosexuality in Islamic they ALL have harsh punishments. The surveys of the of these countries show the vast majority of the populations support these punishments and worse. Also many Muslims living in western countries also support these barbaric punishments since their so-called holy texts justify this. I don't see that as a separate issue. As for the US atheists actually suffer more discrimination in the USA than Muslims. Finally I'm also aware not all Arabs are Muslims. One of the amusing things is Christian Arabs are fleeing the middle-east in droves. That whole kill the infidel thing is real bitch when you are in the minority. Black American apologists for Islam do tend to be Arab ass kissers though.

11. acessential

Daps Received:
    The point I'm trying to make is that there's nothing wrong with giving this individual boy a little recognition considering the entire situation as a whole. Using these other examples of people who you think should also receive recognition doesn't negate that. I'm well aware of how the media and the public pick and choose people to commemorate.

I wasn't referring to you specifically using Bill Maher as your only source. I should have made that more clear. Be critical of Islam and organized religion all you want. I'm critical of Islam and organized religion too. But I don't use it to justify negative treatment of its followers. Practitioners of Islam are diverse just like anyone else. I'm not going to make a blanket statement about them especially when they already have to deal with systemic prejudice and extreme ignorance.

Lastly, calling blacks who stand up for Muslims or Arabs "Arab ass kissers" sounds a lot like when white supremacists would call white folks who fought for civil rights "nigger lovers." If fighting against injustice makes me an "Arab ass kisser," I'll wear that badge with pride.

#11 acessential, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    Jdudre dapped this.
  12. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I hear ya @acessential IMO recognition is due for him getting put in handcuffs over some foolishness but lil dude is a tech plagiarizer.

13. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Read stories from his other teachers and friends, he was def a lil inventor kid... This clock wasn't his only creation. No matter what you want to believe, our society drove out a kid genuinely interested in science and technology, not arts and entertainment like most of the rest of them. We all lost in the long run.

14. Dreamwalker

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dude.....he's was a 14 yr old high school student probably just trying to get some extra credit. What he did probably wasn't too different from what we did in high school (sticking some play dough on cardboard with vinegar and baking soda and calling it a volcano or cutting out a bunch of magazine pictures and gluing them to cardboard to make a diorama). He's not a grad student at Harvard. He's an American high school student. Maybe we should just be grateful he had the initiative to do that.

15. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    Actually that Young Lady was also at the White House along with Ahmed and other young scientist.

Jdudre and Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  16. Cyrus-Brooks

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I'm not using my beef to justify mistreatment of anyone. I just think it's stupid black people in general and black gay men especially to stick their necks out for a group of people who really don't care about us and wouldn't and don't do the same for us. That's not discrimination that's self preservation. My position would be the same if this kid was a white nationalist Christian who got jammed up in this situation.

Finally I stand by my statement calling certain black people who run to the defense of anyone Arab or Muslim under the phony unity POC banner, ass kissers. These same people talk about the anti-black racism from whites, slavery, Jim Crow, and other things(which they should) but ignore and make excuses for Arabs who are just as guilty of enslaving black people, invading Africa and forcing their barbarian religion on us just like white people. They also sweep the rampant anti-black racism in the Arab world under the carpet. I won't participate in such ignorance, double standards, dishonesty, and cowardice. The funny thing is these apologist black people denounce other black people who call Arabs out on their BS get called "racists" by their own people. If being honest makes me "racist" so be it. I put my own people first and don't apologize for it. No other ethnic group in the world puts others before themselves why should we? I'd suggest you do more research Arab slave trade and anti-black racism in the Arab world before calling me a racist.

#16 Cyrus-Brooks, Oct 21, 2015
  17. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I wish my teachers had the lax attitude of "at least he did something" or "at least he was interested in science" when I was in high school. I wouldn't have had to work as hard to make honor roll.

18. acessential

Daps Received:
    I'm very much aware of the Arab slave trade and the treatment of certain groups in certain countries. But that still does not negate any certain foul treatment of Muslims. I don't think most black people genuinely puts other groups before themselves. It's just that if you care about combating discrimination, you're going to combat it for all marginalized people. Not just yourself. It's like when your entire neighborhood is on fire. You can water your own house, but you also have to make sure that the other houses are watered too otherwise your house is going to catch fire again.

It's a power issue. Western actions in the Middle East are fueling a lot of the problems they have there. Refugee crises, terrorism. And then when the people flee to Europe or the United States for a better life, they get mistreated because of the way we've contributed to the negative image of Muslims. And I think that's wrong. We go there and fuck shit up and when they turn around, we act like we don't know who they are or how any of this started.

19. Cyrus-Brooks

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I reiterate these people don't support me or people like me so I see no reason to support them. Nor do I owe them any support. When they stop abusing and mistreating black migrants, when they stop promoting racism against blacks, when majority of Muslims start denouncing doctrines and dogmas which encourage violence and discrimination against gay people, when the vast majority of Muslims cease violence against nonbelievers and atheists then I'll consider supporting their cries for fair treatment. But not until that happens. From what I see that won't happen anytime soon. Many of us do put the welfare of other groups before ourselves. I see plenty of black people like yourself going to bat for people who don't even respect you. To me that's nonsensical. That's effort wasted that would be better spent advancing ourselves. We got plenty of work to do for us.

Finally Muslims are just as much to blame why their countries are war torn hell holes as the European and American government. Also what is the "we" you're talking about? Black Americans and black people in general have nothing to with the problems of the middle-east. We don't run the US government or the governments of Europe. If anything they're middle-easters are exporting their problems to Africa, Boko Haram and Al Shabaab are perfect examples of this.

#19 Cyrus-Brooks, Oct 21, 2015
  20. acessential

Daps Received:
    Honestly, this conversation is going nowhere. You already have your mind made up as to what Muslims are. You don't see the nuances of that group and simply lump them all together. That's the definition of prejudice.

People are capable of advocating for more than one thing at once. Just because I care about discrimination against Muslims does not mean I stop caring about discrimination against black people. Thinking that I would is nonsensical. That shows that I'm capable of looking at complex issues critically and that I'm able to handle more than one thing at once. I go back to the neighborhood argument. Discrimination against any group is part of a larger system. It can easily reassert itself if it's not addressed from all angles.

I'm not going to go into a tirade about the history of colonialism or how western countries continue to benefit from the exploitation of the developing world. But understanding that is key to realizing where a lot of the problems in the Middle East stem from. Would the Middle East still have problems if the west wasn't involved? Possibly. But you can't deny the huge role the west played. When I say "we" I'm referring to the U.S. as a power structure. Our tax dollars, our privilege is what makes all of these actions possible. So yes, you are part of that system as much as you don't want to believe it.

Jdudre dapped this.
  21. Cyrus-Brooks

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    No, you misunderstand. I'm open to the possibility that I may be wrong. However nothing you've written has done anything to convince me you're right. Actually the opposite you're repeating arguments, excuses, and apologies, I hear from white liberals and black POC banner wavers. I have Muslim family members and coworkers. I interact with Muslims on social media and my ideas about Muslims and Islam come from a place of personal knowledge not ignorance. I'm also aware not every Muslim is a "radical" or a "terrorist" but even many of the so called moderates hold some very repulsive views and backwards views that most liberals would denounce if a Christian were to say them. So I think it's perfectly rational not support them or their religion.

I'm also glad you decided to spare us a tirade about colonialism. When the Islamic empire was the dominant empire in the world back when Europe was in the dark ages Muslims had no problems with doing many of the things Europeans engaged in and worse. They were quite happy with this arrangement. Now they are no longer the dominant world power they're upset. What Islamic world suffers from is what I call "empire envy." Which is why many groups in the middle-east and throughout the Islamic world are fighting for now. It's a power struggle between different Muslim factions trying to rebuild the Islamic empire. Finally I didn't deny the role of Europe and America. My point is we(black people) didn't create this situation. We don't own the banks, we don't own the defense contractors, we don't run the governments, we don't run the militaries. We don't even have a say in how our tax dollars are used. We are the victims of both the western and Islamic empires and we owe the Muslims nothing.