What Would You Do If Your Son Was Gay? (Radio Show Discussion)

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Nigerian Prince, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    You guys hear about the father who got his girlfriend to engage in sexual activity with his own son because of fearing his 11 year old son would end up being gay? That is so crazy!!! #donkeyoftheday

The Breakfast Club Radio Show had a discussion about what would anyone do if their son was gay. All kinds of people called in but one gay man called in who kinda reminds me of someone I know in some ways. You guys should take a listen! The video below begins at the start of the phone-in discussion with callers.

Now... what would you do if your own biological (or adopted) son ended up being gay? How would you handle it?

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  2. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    This is disturbing. So many folks in our community are deeply misinformed and untrusting of information in general. There is a denialism in some parts of the black culture that I will never understand. With that being said, what the father and the women who helped him was child abuse and now they are going to be charged as they should.

This is why I am pro-coming out because until people know and experience gay people in regular life, they believe stupid shit like what was talked about on TBC.

With that being said, if I ever had a son (biological or otherwise) and they came out, I would offer them support and validation and equip him with information so that he is not out in the streets trying to make discoveries.

Dante, Cyrus-Brooks and Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  3. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    This is a real fucked up story. The father and the girlfriend should definitely be charged with child abuse. What makes it worse is he has autism. I'm sure that only adds to an already difficult and disturbing situation.

As far as the second part of the question. This entirely hypothetical for me since I don't have kids and probably will never have kids. But if I did have a son and he turned out to be gay I would be very concerned for his safety, mental health, and emotional wellbeing because I know how cruel people can be. It's important to be honest with kids and not sugar coat the truth because despite the progress that has been made he is still gonna have tougher time as black gay man. I'd definitely would put a lot of emphasis on him being confident in who he is and defending himself and not taking shit from anyone. I would be very concerned about his sexual health as far as avoiding STDs by practicing safer sex and having an understanding about issues surrounding consent, sexual assault, avoiding abusive relationships, avoiding fetishization etc. There are just so many pitfalls that come with being gay.

4. Coon_dalini

Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    Single
    I’d have to ask myself did I really teach him well about kundalini energy as I made sure I was in his life and he was hugged daily. Because I’d be blindsided completely by the revelation knowing I did my part in helping him dodge a minefield.
    I’d simply hone in on the value , purpose and use of his bio -electricity and inspire him to put the energy to the best use possible and silently be thankful he doesn’t have the pitfalls of being completely straight either. Fluidity in attraction has its advantages on an energetic level.

He could have hormonal issues but he still can direct his energy where he wills it. Sparing him much emotional and physical pain. A predisposition to something is no obligation to act on an urge.

If he was adopted and not at birth all I can still do is teach him thoroughly about kundalini energy and respect his choices. When he hurts his head,,which he will, ill be there with open arms. Each of us have our own journey.

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  5. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I would pretty much raise them the same way if they were straight.

Of course I would issue advice in particular to what may and can come being a gay human being. But no different then I would have a discussion to my straight black male child on being black in the world. Or issue advice if I had a lil girl about female empowerment and would try to get her a female role model.

What ever your child may be its important to guide them the best way possible. And the most important thing I would want my child to be is confident and secure in his own skin. Whatever he may be. But is far as him being gay, I could careless.

The vast majority of the time gay people experience negativity when they have low self esteem about being gay and are ashamed and hide who they are. Once you take control and dont give a fuck about other peoples opinion on who you are, there is little to no ammunition they can come with that will effect you.

Nigerian Prince dapped this.