White, Gay, and Confronting Racism

Discussion in 'Dating and Relationships' started by Lancer, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:

#1 Lancer, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  2. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    They are ok...agree with most of the points. The thing about what white gays can do....the important followed white gays are too busy promoting feminism and niche issues and the 'Agenda' and not promoting interracial good relations between whites and people of color IMO. They need to include POC more in that Agenda they push. Will it happen?
    The main focus of white gays should be on other gays, not women or transgenders or 'pronouns'..etc. etc. And that includes focusing more postive attention on gay POC.There are plenty enough women to push feminism-they are half the population while gays are less than 5%-we need to focus on US.

I agree also about that APP thing(and yeah they did the same before the APPS) with the 'no rice, chocolate, absolutely NO BLACKS! etc. State what you want, not what you don't want. And there are preferences that exclude POC that are not racist. For example, someone may be only attracted to young skinny blonde twinks. Unless a black guy bleaches is hair, he is not going to match that. But neither are 95% of white gay men either. It is a preference that excludes almost all gays because it is so specific. Also some gay men like clones of themselves(you see them...they look alike, dress alike, same facial hair, etc) and that can be a white or black or other thing too.

If someone truly has a preference, state it as what you want: 'I prefer to date other white guys'...while still questionable...is infinitely better than 'NO blacks, NO Asians, NO hispanics'...it is just a matter of respect, and so many people are lacking that, especially among gays and when it comes to dating(or sex). Have some basic civility and decency when dealing with other people!

3. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    "there is a way to say you're not into Blacks, by saying you're not into Blacks"... but yet he didn't provide an example. ok
    :whut:

4. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    You say what you are into instead of what you are not into. If you do this, you are not into anything that you did not state. By stating what you are into, you are(by omission)also leaving out what you are not into. Same for anything. If you state "I am looking for a masc black man like myself' you did not explicitly say you are not 'into whites' but you made it clear what you are interested in.

It is just a bit of a positive spin on things...like when arguing using 'I' statements rather than 'you' statements towards someone.