Why I Love Amanda Seales

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Juan-Carlos, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Juan-Carlos

Juan-Carlos Opps are dealt with by a savage Thanos snap. HNY
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    amanda1.jpg

If you're asking people...Hey, can gay people be born gay? you are continuing a homophobic narrative. Okay, it is not a question that you're just like asking just asking 'cuz who the fuck are you to ask that? You call it discussion and you try to act like that's harmless but when you create discussion spaces that are not about understanding but more about judgment you are actually informing ignorance. [And] I love it how people are like,Well, you have to ask for understanding. No the fuck you don't! You don't need to understand anything. You just need to let people live their lives who are not hurting other people. It is not for you to understand. It's literally none of your business...none. All you need to understand is how you..yourself, can keep on doing your best striving for the best quality of life and bringing excellence to the world.

upload_2018-8-30_19-21-1.png

This was a recent 0:52 Instagram post that drew over 160,600 views and over 1900 comments. I was reading some of the comments and it varied from being supportive to combative to direct personal attacks (which she is clap-back queen if you push her) to pure ignorance. The breadth and point of her post wasn't stating it's wrong to ask gay people questions about being gay or their experience in being gay as long as it remains respectful and if there's sincerity and willingness for understanding without judgment.

Amanda Seales,besides being one of the most woke and realest, is a comedian, actress, DJ, podcaster, and once was a touring member of Floetry as the vocalist. This dynamic woman got her industry start as a child star on the Nickelodeon show “My Brother and Me (circa 1994) and onto MTV2 Sucker Free Sundays as a VJ (under the cognomen Amanda Diva) after acquiring her Masters in African-American studies with a concentration in hop hop from Columbia University. I feel this qualifies her in speaking to the culture for she was and is a part of the culture credentials aside. I love the fact that she's unapologetic, a learned individual with personality and fire, and thought provokingly engaging. She became more than a blip on pop culture's radar last year . Amanda was one of Katy Perry's guests during Perry's Live Stream of her “Friends and Family: Dinner with Discourse”. The live streaming of the dinner was a promotional gimmick to support Perry's June (2017) album's release of“Witness”. The motivation of the dinner was to encourage difficult conversations among those with a diverging view which will ruffle feathers and be great to watch between those with impassioned points of view. So, dinner attendee Caityln Jenner (one of eight invited guests) reacted at statements Amanda made regarding Trump's behavior, Jenner's white privileged views of America and its juxtaposition to her perspective as a black woman. You can watch that clip online if curious.

On a fundamental level, I totally agree with her post comments. It's remarkable to me how general ideas are lost in translation. The emphasis is placed upon fairness and the responsibility you'd own in being a part of the problem or part of the solution by the display of your own actions with the information. Amanda is committed to her statements as her waxing annoyance was due to her trying to reply to a few of the comments with an earnest answer for clarification. I've embedded a few screenshots to illustrate the tone and temper of the commentators. Amanda mos' def stood her ground.

upload_2018-8-30_19-22-51.png

upload_2018-8-30_19-23-58.png

upload_2018-8-30_19-25-1.png
    upload_2018-8-30_19-26-9.png

upload_2018-8-30_19-27-13.png

upload_2018-8-30_19-28-15.png

What do the squad members think about her post? Was it too aggressive? Do you agree with her or with a few of the other commentators remarks?

2. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I'm all about anyone all about that 'cut the shits' life.

3. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Amanda is the realest! Be it her interviews on The Breakfast Club or her Podcast, she is amazing.
    All the homophobia in the comments

4. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    LMAO

5. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received: