Best Posts in Thread: Why I think People of Color Should NOT vote for Hillary

1. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    [​IMG]

This is what people fail to understand. You can't just only vote on the "big elections" you make more impact on your daily life by those alderman, congressional, Senate races and etc. All those small initiatives and proportions... That's the government you see and experience.

2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    While I completely agree with your sentiments, I completely disagree with your actions. In my opinion local state elections are 10 times more important than the presidential election. Who we send to congress in my opinion really has the power of the country.

BlackguyExecutive, Sean, Jdudre and 4 others dapped this.
  3. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    So happy this is FINALLY getting some steam. Still doubt this point will ever make it to the main stream corporate media though. This is the primary reason I unapologetically will not vote for Hillary.
    From Professor Michelle Alexander, author of the New York Times bestseller, ‘The New Jim Crow’
    [​IMG]
    "
    If anyone doubts that the mainstream media fails to tell the truth about our political system (and its true winners and losers), the spectacle of large majorities of black folks supporting Hillary Clinton in the primary races ought to be proof enough. I can't believe Hillary would be coasting into the primaries with her current margin of black support if most people knew how much damage the Clintons have done - the millions of families that were destroyed the last time they were in the White House thanks to their boastful embrace of the mass incarceration machine and their total capitulation to the right-wing narrative on race, crime, welfare and taxes. There's so much more to say on this topic and it's a shame that more people aren't saying it. I think it's time we have that conversation."

#1 OckyDub, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  4. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    The local elected officials are the ones who appoint police chiefs. Also DAs, prosecutors, school boards officials are elected. These have more of an impact on day to day lives like you said.

bisonboy, Cyrus-Brooks, Jdudre and 3 others dapped this.
  5. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Also keep in mind (speaking to non-registered voters) registering to vote means you can get called for jury selection. More people of color on juries could mean less people of color being incarcerated.

6. questforknowledge

Bae Material Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I read this book she wrote and it was dope. What she talks about is sad but true. More people should read this to be aware of it. This topic needs to be addressed more. You hear it every now and then in the media, but the matter doesn't get that attention it deserves.