Why is Empathy looked down upon?

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by NewAfrikan, Oct 10, 2018.

1. NewAfrikan

NewAfrikan Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    inforgraphic.png

Why do people try to take advantage of people who try to be "kind"?

2. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I'm generally kind person and I feel that people take advantage of kindness because they are narcissistic and selfish and/or they come from a home lacking refinement and are insecure and jealous.

But I also think there is a fine line between being kind and being a fool. As an empath, it doesn't take much to get me triggered..I recently saw a FB post of two engineering students that died in a car crash yesterday. Two young black men that went to my community college at the time. I was struck with emotion and didn't know them.

But I'm starting to think some people say, "Sorry for your loss", but don't really care. It's like something you say without emotion to it and can get away because you said it. It's like saying, "Phew, Glad that wasn't me."

I hardly ever talk to folks but I'm still polite and I'm reguarded as standoffish, uptight and everything else.

Most people these days have no concept of love, they just love to f**k and f**k over people.

Also, look at media. A lot of movies, song and video games promote dismissive attitudes and even heterosexual men act as b**chy as women do on their period. No self respect for anyone's life but your own.