World's largest Muslim country(Indonesia)becoming increasingly anti-gay.

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by ColumbusGuy, Mar 1, 2016.

1. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    The sudden intensity of Indonesia's anti-gay onslaught

The sudden intensity of Indonesia's anti-gay onslaught - BBC News (whole long article posted because Ocky likes it that way)

Well this sucks. Bad enough that there is such a problem caused by religious and cultural intolerance in places like parts of the Caribbean, much of Africa, and most of the Middle East, but now it is getting worse for Asians in Indonesia, which is the fourth most populous nation on Earth, after China, India, And the U.S.

Is there any Muslim nation or extremely conservative Christian nation left that is tolerant of gays/LGBT?Things like this just fuel my anti-religious feelings.

Jaa, Tyroc and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  2. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I can't say I'm surprised by this. Abrahamic religions are violently anti-gay by nature especially Islam. It doesn't help that Saudi Arabia has been exporting their brand of ultra orthodox (backward and barbaric) Sunni Islam, wahhabism since at least the 1970s. Promotion of homophobia and anti-gay attitudes is one of the many reasons why I despise religion.

Tyroc and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  3. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I've always been anti-religious. It just causes confusion and is hypocritical.

ColumbusGuy and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.