Would a Men's March be considered sexist? Piers Morgan thinks So.

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by RolandG, Jan 22, 2017.

1. RolandG

Bae Material Squad Leader The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    Piers Morgan Women’s March Tweets Ripped

I get what he's saying but disagree to an extent. This would be the same as white folk complaining about civil rights marches. I do think women have faced challenges not faced by men in many areas. But maybe he's right in that they're protesting Trump before he's passed any laws or revoked any rights.
    Piers Morgan is getting slammed for tweets he sent ripping the Women’s March.

As Gossip Cop reported, the Women’s March On Washington is taking place on Saturday to protest President Donald Trump and advocate for women’s rights. There are a number of sister marches not just across the country, but also all over the globe. That includes Morgan’s city of London.

And early Saturday morning, he took to Twitter to criticize the movements. “Imagine if there were a load of men-only marches today? The feminists would go crackers,” Morgan wrote in one of MANY tweets on the subject, saying in another, “I’m planning a ‘Men’s March’ to protest at the creeping global emasculation of my gender by rabid feminists. Who’s with me?”

“Let’s be honest, ladies.. today’s Women’s March is just an anti-democratic protest at Trump winning the presidency,” Morgan also tweeted, going on to argue, “One of the main reasons Hillary lost was that she & her supporters exuded air of entitlement to her becoming being 1st female president.”

As he often does, the former CNN host retweeted some of the backlash he received in response to his missives, and fired back at a number of Twitter users. He also went on to tweet, “Amused by all the fulminating outrage at my suggestion of a Men’s March, especially from women. Kinda proves my point… Just need @KimKardashian & @emrata to post bird-flipping topless selfies to support #WomensMarch for the farce to be complete.”

In other comments, Morgan blasted Madonna, Cher and Lilly Allen. “What right has President Trump removed from women to warrant this #WomensMarch protest? Why not wait to see if he tries, then fight it?” he asked as the D.C. rally was underway. And as his remarks circulated online, the Brit even said, “Disappointed to only be trending No7 in USA.”

As Gossip Cop has previously noted, Morgan won “Celebrity Apprentice” in 2008. He’s largely stuck by Trump’s side throughout the presidential election, but also called him out on some issues, such as gun control and a Muslim ban. Last year, Morgan also accused Kardashian of killing feminism with her nude selfies. It’s also worth noting that while Morgan is complaining, a number of male stars have sent positive tweets supporting the Women’s March.

#1 RolandG, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2017
  2. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    It is sexist if it is a white men's march. Non-sexist marches would be from those that are male and minority particularly black men. Black men deal with several injustices even in 2017 so for black men to band together for a march is not sexist.

Nicholan and acessential dapped this.
  3. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    A Men's March to call attention to the many issues and concerns that directly impact males would be perceived as highly negative, sexist and 'anti' everything by women and a large number of misguided feminist men. If the Women's March has proven anything, its that the power of feminism and how it impacts culture negatively and positively, is overwhelming.

ColumbusGuy and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  4. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    How so? As an anti-feminist, I don't have a problem with people calling attention to women's issues nor them marching in part against Trump's perceived misogyny or the Repub stances on women's reproductive rights.

However; Feminists (males and females), LGBTQueers and most Liberals would lose their shit at the mere idea of a Men's March to call attention to the multitude of issue negatively impacting men.

I do agree that Piers is full of shit with this here.

5. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I think male issues are a sub set of Black male issues. That being said I don't think it's sexist if the march was for all males. Black men have unique issues, but we also have issues that face all men. I think the problem is that Blakpipo tend to not care about stuff unless it's tailored to them so if there was a generic march for men and men's issues, we'd not load up on buses to get there unless it was specifically towards us and that would alienate all of the other males of other cultures. Except for the ones invited to the cookout.

ColumbusGuy and OckyDub dapped this.
  6. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    All this right here...

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  7. cuspofbeauty

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Was the million man march considered sexist?

8. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    No because it was Black...that means (white) Fems, Dems nor Libs couldn't attack it because they need that voting block.

9. RolandG

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    Won't disagree with you but just understand that anytime a group, perceived as being more powerful, starts marching or complaining about their rights, it always comes off negatively. Occupy Wallstreet makes more sense since the people marching were working class or poor. If Wall Street executives started marching about the plight of their life, it would come off different. In the case of the women's march, I don't think anyone can deny that women, like a few other groups, have more disadvantages. Women earn less than men on average, women hold fewer high level jobs, women are barred from certain elements of socieity(parts of military, golf clubs etc) where networking is vital.

Pierce is definitely trying to be provocative but I do think that women have a reason to fear a Trump presidency both reproductively and financially.

NikR dapped this.
  10. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Well plenty of people can with the mountains of evidence that exists but because feminists talking points dominate the landscape, no one even attempts to dispute them for fear of being called sexist.

#10 OckyDub, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  11. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Until just now, I thought that Piers Morgan had been banished to an ice flo and was adrift somewhere in the North Atlantic. Imagine my horror when that illusion was punctured this morning. Smh.

I agree with @RolandG

12. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Well, these weren't women ONLY marches. Anybody could join. I went to the ones in Oakland and SF this weekend in solidarity.

Also, I don't think a Men's March in itself would cause problems. It depends on how it's framed. I'm sure women's rights groups would be in support of a men's March that drew attention to men's issues such as high rates of suicide, depression, homelessness, etc. And if it was inclusive of ALL men. Like they marched for the rights of gay and bisexual men to be free from discrimination. For transmen. And for black men who have been killed due to white supremacy. I could say pretty confidently that if this was how the march was framed, folks would be for it. For the most part.

However, I could imagine a Men's March devolving into a misogynistic, racist, classist, homophobic shit show. Where the organizers talk about the "evils of feminism" and how men are losing their power and authority while also completely ignoring and marginalzing gay/bi men and men of color. That's the kind of March that would anger women's rights groups, feminists, and other forward thinking individuals.

13. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    *What did you think about International Men's Day last year?
    *Why do you think it received extraordinarily minimal coverage?
    *Did you even know about International Men's Day and what day its on?
    *Can you show me ANY mainstream gay men's websites or blogs that discussed International Men's Day?

I don't have a problem with women caring about women's issues. I have a problem with men caring more about women's issues and less about men's issues...gay men specifically.

#13 OckyDub, Jan 23, 2017
  14. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I am not really sure what an International Men's Day would be for? What would be the stated objective? To advance the power of men?

I think it's pretty circular logic. Men are at the top. (Cisgendered Men that is). @Ockydub If I am understanding you correctly, you have a problem with gay men fighting for women's issues over men issues. Here is what I think, a lot of gay men if not all have to deal with misogyny in a similar and sometimes the same manner as women. Homophobia is Misogyny's little brother.
    From what I have read after doing a brief Google Search is that a lot of IMD movements are celebrations of fatherhood, male-specific health, and other legal-specific issues that men face, such as child custody, paternal leave etc.

Having an international men's day just to celebrate men seems ridiculous.

15. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Are you kidding me?

People (which include men and boys) need empowering and tools to empower themselves on a multitude of issues not limited to, self esteem, mentality, spirituality, sexuality, education, health, etc.

And Yes men are at the top...the top of suicides, murder, under / mis-reported rates of rape and sexual assault and domestic violence, male child deaths (higher then female children and are killed at higher rates than girls by their mothers), homelessness, etc.

White society cares more about meth and heroin destroying their communities than they care about crack and heroin destroying the Black community.

Women (and our society) care more about breast cancer, then they do about prostate cancer; even though men die at higher rates from prostate cancer than women do of breast cancer AND men also develop and die from breast cancer.

So yes as a man, I think men should care more about men's issues just as women care more about women's issues.

IMO that is Feminist Queer Gender studies BS that I don't buy in nor subscribe to and keep in mind that doesn't mean I don't understand the concept or correlation, I just don't agree with it.

Misogyny is defined as the dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.

...of WOMEN not MEN...That would be Misandry (the dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men) and a lot gay men and women are very misandrogynistic.

Example: If a woman wants to date a masculine leaning man, she finds out he is homosexual and in turn makes an anti-homosexual remark about him; this woman is being now being misogynist or displaying misogyny towards this man. See how crazy that sounds?

Yeah because fuck men. Why should MEN be celebrated? Fuck Father's Day because men are nothing but sperm bags. I mean what good are men and what the fuck have men ever done ever?

By the way. International Men's Day 2016 theme was "Stop Male Suicide". Is this ridiculous?

I created two threads last year around Stop Male Suicide and received 1 reply per each thread. Yet the minute feminism is brought up, gay men got something to say.

As a Man, a non-heterosexual man, I have and still search for brotherhood; however within this femcentric Gay Culture, the focus is by far in forming sisterhoods and sororities.

I'm done with this shit here....yall got me hotter than fish grease.

#15 OckyDub, Jan 23, 2017
  16. RolandG

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    i was waiting for the mountains of evidence but you probably got sidetracked. Most men are for women's rights in theory but most men, and most women, have a preconceived notion of a woman's place in society. It's funny that women give birth to all the men and women in this country so at what age does the divide happen? Every man says he wants his daughter to be able to do whatever a man can do but he's not so chivalrous towards females that aren't his offspring.

17. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I was waiting for you to actually do a simple Google search for yourself but realized you give zero fucks about men (issues) unless their in your bed, like most Feminist men in Gay Culture.

18. RolandG

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    [​IMG]

BlackguyExecutive and OckyDub dapped this.
  19. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I'm not sure what you're insinuating. No, I did not hear about that holiday. I don't celebrate international men or women's day simply because I just don't. One holiday doesn't necessarily mean anything just like one march doesn't necessarily mean anything. It's about supporting causes and discussing these issues on ordinary days. People are capable of supporting multiple issues that affect different populations.

20. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    Clearly, we have struck @Ockydub proverbial nerve. Yikes. I honestly don't think these issues are mutually exclusive. You can care about men and male issues while recognizing that for basically all of human recorded history, women have been devalued and certainly have not experienced equality in status and equality in the body. There is a mountain of evidence to prove that. These circumstances for women have been because of men.

I recognize your frustration that men, particularly gay men embrace the feminist narrative. I think that you are missing that that narrative is rooted and centered on equality not necessarily womanness or femininity. I certainly don't believe that the vast majority of feminist queer or otherwise have a hatred for men, although there are some. I do believe that our system in America and most places around the world are rooted in patriarchy where laws and systems and social circumstances are centered around men. That is the true source of power.

With respect to men talking about men issues, I think it occurs more than we think, Gay Men, in particular, fought and died for Gay Men Health during the height of the Aids Crisis, There is No Shave November to tackle specifically prostate cancer...Mental health in the United States is a joke, for both men and women, guess who holds the power to change that in state legislatures, and city councils around the country mostly men. These issues don't get talked about or discussed because men care more about money and football and other shit over health issues or other more pertinent things. Now I am making generalizations but you get my point.

Women on the other hand, seize opportunity, are more willing to openly discuss their issues, paying more because they are women, getting paid less because they are women, having rooms full of men legislate their bodies because they are women, throw them off cliffs because they are women, keep them from school because they are women, mutilate their genitals because they are women, force them into sex slavery because they are women, keep them from driving because they are women, etc. etc. If baffles me that men care more about erections than they do research the most aggressive forms of breast cancer that why they have campaigns to raise money for research. Men control our national laboratories.

Should the Queer Men Feminist care more about men sure, but if they succeed in their cause so will men.

OhSheit, Winston Smith and acessential dapped this.