You Are The Company You Keep

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Sean P, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Sean P

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Brought to you by the self-proclaimed "least racist person."

Carl Higbie Resigns From Trump Administration After Bigoted Comments Surface
    by Bill Chappell, npr.org

IMG_0043.jpg

Carl Higbie, who was appointed by President Trump to serve in the federal agency that runs AmericCorps and other volunteer service programs, has resigned his high-level post and apologized after a report emerged quoting racist and anti-Muslim remarks he made in 2013.

Ranging from callous to provocative and often tipping into bigotry, Higbie's comments were unearthed by CNN's KFile unit, which published audio clips taken from the Internet talk radio program "Sound of Freedom," which Higbie hosted, and other sources. In addition to their insensitivity, many of the remarks promulgated outright falsehoods.

"We're promoting birth control to a black woman because of the incredibly high rate of children born out of wedlock that are under-cared for or not cared for at all," Higbie said in one quote from a segment in which he accused black people of "a lax of morality [sic]."

In another segment that dealt with immigration, Higbie is quoted saying, "What's so wrong with wanting to put up a fence and saying, 'Hey, everybody with a gun, if you want to go shoot people coming across our border illegally, you can do it" for free.

After the CNN report emerged, Higbie resigned from his post. He also apologized via Twitter, saying, "I'm sorry. I'm not sorry that my words were published, I am sorry that I said them in 2013. Those words do not reflect who I am or what I stand for, I regret saying them."

I’m sorry. I’m not sorry that my words were published, I am sorry that I said them in 2013. Those words do not reflect who I am or what I stand for, I regret saying them. Last night I informed the WH that I was resigning so as not to distract from POTUS’ many success. #noexcuses

— Carl Higbie (@CarlHigbie) January 19, 2018
    He was resigning, Higbie said, so that he wouldn't be a distraction.

Higbie is a former Navy SEAL who served in Iraq and was a Trump surrogate during the 2016 campaign. He was then appointed to the post of chief of external affairs in the Corporation for National and Community Service.

After Trump's election win last November, Higbie was criticized by members of Congress, including Rep. Doris Matsui, D-Calif., for citing the U.S. use of Japanese internment camps during World War II as a precedent for a potential immigrant registry.

In another quote from the CNN piece, Higbie said, "I was called an Islamophobe and I was like, 'no, no, no, no, no, I'm not afraid of them. I don't like them. Big difference.' And they were like, 'well, you're racist.' I was like, fine if that's the definition of it, then I guess I am.'"

Higbie also criticized the majority of veterans who say they suffer from PTSD, saying that most of them are either "milking" the system for money or lying about their conditions. If a veteran acts out because of PTSD, he said, it's because they have "a weak mind."

In addition to Higbie's own show, he made comments about Muslims and President Obama on online talk radio programs with titles such as "Where's Obama's Birth Certificate" and "Warrior Talk Radio."

Cyrus-Brooks, SB3, OckyDub and 1 other person dapped this.
  2. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Wow. Not only with the nasty comments about black people...

but..

Shooting illegals? Internment camps for illegals?
    It is one thing to not like the religion and the zealots..but to "not like" all muslims? Really? What about Xian Zealots?
    And those horrible things about veterans with PTSD. smh
    And these were not said in "just 2013"...that PTSD stuff was said late 2016.
    This guy is a nightmare.

Cyrus-Brooks and NikR dapped this.
  3. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    tumblr_lkmfk5MUHB1qdpsyj.gif

^^my surprised-that-Turmpkins-are-racist-fascist-leave-it-to-beaver-trip-back-to-Jim-Crow-pigs face

tumblr_inline_oioa8yUYCq1tv6lj2_500.gif

^^this is how to show boo-boo-Kitty-Trumpkins respect lol

#3 NikR, Jan 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  4. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    See this is only going to give fuel to the black pro lifers and pseudo intellectuals hoteps "proving" their theory that contraception and planned parenthood were created to destroy the black family and the black menz seed. :nopekid::snoop:

Cyrus-Brooks and SB3 dapped this.
  5. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    See this is only going to give fuel to the black pro lifers and pseudo intellectuals hoteps "proving" their theory that contraception and planned parenthood were created to destroy the black family and the black menz seed. :nopekid::snoop:

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  6. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    The fact that Trump is cozy with a lot of racists, neo-Nazis, Neo-Confederates, alt-right, and white power types is all the evidence we need, that and his past statements and actions. I think we can all agree at this point Donald Trump is a racist. Is he a burn a cross on your front lawn racist? No, but he definitely is a typical "conservative" county club white ruling elite type of racist. He's the type of politician who gets poor, working-class, and middle-class racist whites to do the wet work for him then pleads innocent. There's a term for that. Plausible deniability. White elites in this country have been doing it for generations. It's a standard move in their playbook.

I-Stay-Woke dapped this.