You Never Know: Hyper Masculinity Fronts

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Jaa, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Has anyone encountered anyone that made a false first impression like this? How did you react when they revealed their true selves? It's a funny (and kinda sad, with dude's "faggot shit" comment at the end") skit, but it's unfortunate that some may feel a need to be something their not in order to attract someone.

#1 Jaa, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  2. LeMignon

LeMignon Your Favorite Nephew
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    This cracked me tf up! What's more is that they have New Orleans accents, which is where I reside. But I digress, yes. I have come across many guys who front as masculine initially and then eventually take off their masks. I find this masculine front more with tops than with bottoms.

cypher21, Jaa and grownman dapped this.
  3. Kouncelor

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Uggggh!!! Yes, I can not stand this. The previous guy I dated was kinda of a average/regular guy. But as time progressed, he started to let his huir down. I noticed extreme feminine was and terminology, especially after a drink. The last episode that made me end it was when I attended one of his co-workers wedding reception and he said, "This girl", in reference to himself. I was done.

Jaa dapped this.
  4. Michael

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Derek Zulanders Center For Kids Who Cant Read Good
    It's happened and as annoying as it is that is going to happen when everyone glorifies masculinity. When in Rome...

LeMignon and Jaa dapped this.
  5. Kouncelor

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Hmmm, but the tendency I see is that many gay men glorify feminity, or more specifically, "queenieness". I have seen men come out the closet and literally transform into Queens. Now, when I use the term queen, I am not referring to men who may be naturally effeminate. That is, to me, something totally different.

6. Michael

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Derek Zulanders Center For Kids Who Cant Read Good
    I think as far as socially with peers perhaps they put on to fit in, but when it comes to dating most men want someone "masculine". Bottoms won't deal with someone feminine, Tops ( I'm not getting into because they have their pick of the litter so one minor offense and they can move to the next lol), Vers dudes can say they don't care but from what I've seen they gravitate towards masculine men. I do understand that that's what many are attracted to, but I also think there's a deeper reason for it. It's rare someone will request a feminine dude. One guy told me I wasn't feminine enough and I was taken aback. But I digress. People want to fit in and/or be desired.

7. LeMignon

LeMignon Your Favorite Nephew
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Although, I kind of find something attractive about a guy who can be himself despite society. In that way, feminine guys attract me. Even if I'm more attracted to masculine guys, I find myself easily making friends with feminine guys. But this video speaks more of the necessary front that feminine guys feel the need to display in a world that idolizes masculinity.

Nick5 dapped this.
  8. Kouncelor

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    From my perspective, the behaviors of the men in the video were extreme.. from hyper-mascuine(butchthug) to hyper feminine (queenie). Not like most people who are somewhere in between.

9. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Exactly.

Kouncelor dapped this.