Your Funeral

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Aejae, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Aejae

Aejae Socially Awkward Aejae
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    So when you die, do you want a big funeral, or do you want a small one with only a hand full of people there? How do you want your funeral to go, and is there a specific song you want to go out on? Do you want to be cremated or do you want to be buried? Hell, do you even want a funeral?

#1 Aejae, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  2. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I just say make it as cheap as possible and do something better with the money.Burials are far too expensive.Who really needs a gold-plated vault and a decorative coffin??? It's not like you're ever going to dig it up and look at it again.

Dante, Cyrus-Brooks, Jaa and 1 other person dapped this.
  3. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Nah. Everyone close to me all ready knows that I want to be cremated n for ppl to have a good time celebrating. Its all ready sad news to hear that someone lost their life, so I dont see the point in another big sad day coming so close behind.

Losing my father a few years ago, I was basically fine until the sadness enducing gospel music started as they wheeled his casket out of the church, and THAT was when I kinda lost it.

And funeral costs are absolutely ridiculos. Thousands to live in a box 6 feet under..smh

DreG dapped this.
  4. bpaisle

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Cremate me, have a party, then scatter my ashes in the ocean somewhere...no point in wasting money on funerals and all that

DreG, Infinite_loop, SB3 and 1 other person dapped this.
  5. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I'm Filipino and I like Filipino burial customs. It's kinda weird by Americans standards, but in the Philippines they hold a wake at the house for at least three days where the body just lies in the casket in the house. And then your family throws a party, cooks a lot of food, plays games, drinks, and people from the neighborhood stop by and join in on the fun. I went to a few those in the Philippines when I was there and they were so much fun. I'd rather have that than everyone being so sad.

Kouncelor and DreG dapped this.
  6. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I don't want a traditional funeral in a church with a preacher since I don't believe in that stuff. Just a small gathering with some drinks, snacks, and upbeat music. Cremate my body and plant a tree where the ashes are scattered.

Aejae, DreG, Infinite_loop and 1 other person dapped this.
  7. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Cremated, but the only requirement is that my body get taken back to my home country(if I die here). No sadness,even if i die now, i've had a fullfilling life celebrate instead!

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  8. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I don't think people should spend lot of money burying me. Have a kick ass party celebrating my life. Although, I do want to receive my military honors. Other than that. Spread my ashes somewhere where peace is promoted.

[​IMG]

Aejae dapped this.
  9. Kouncelor

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I am leaning towards cremation (I need guarantees that I'm actually dead...lol) Originally, most of my family was buried in North and South Carolina, but these days, everyone is spread out around the country. Not feeling the traditional funeral.. not even sure I want my casket present. My father, who is 80, says that we don't have to have a funeral and that we don't have to do anything in the church for him. He doen't even feel the need to have is body present... just don't cremate him.

I might consider a wake.. Sometimes people need to see it to truly have closure and move on.