ZOMBIES! Did Anyone Else Watch the Fuckery That Was "Fear The Walking Dead?"

Discussion in 'Television and Web Series' started by Nick Delmacy, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    AMC_FEAR_S1_101_TAS-800x450.jpg

I'm a horror and scifi junkie so of course I watched the 6-episode first season of Fear The Walking Dead (may write a full review for the O.G. Cypher Avenue site).

Spoiler Alert: That shit was some hot gah'bige!

First off -
    They kill off the handsome black actor Kieth Powers in the first episode so there's basically no Eye Candy at all.

[​IMG]

Second off -
    They skipped over how the whole Zombie Outbreak happens, basically they yada yada'd whole premise of the show.

Third off -
    The shit was mad BORING! the AMC Network was being cheap and didn't let the show spend any money to really have it be an action packed season. Zombies appear in one or two of the 6 episodes.

IMO, this clip would have made for a dope first 10 minutes of Fear The Walking Dead instead of what we got:

Any of you out there fans of the Zombie horror genre? It's October, Halloween month, Let's discuss the undead!

2. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    THANK YOU!!!!

I watched the first episode with my best friend who slick got me into the original and I was soooo pissed when that super attractive drug dealer dead! Lol all I kept saying through the episode was I've never seen a drug dealer soo ANTM worthy LOL
    [​IMG]
    Especially after that whole scene in the diner when he met the junkie guy I was like wait....:dwill:...what's going on here?? Was it me or were they getting alittle cozy! :fantasia:And then they had to go and dash all my hopes and dreams within the following 30 minutes...:beli:

Lol you should do it if you have the time! I didn't watch the other episodes after my heart got broken but my friend still watches so I might continue if y'all think it's worth it. The Clip you showed is loads better, I didn't care for the opening either.

3. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Haven't and will not watch because most folks (like yourself) have said how horrible it is. This is now on my "NO WATCH LIST" like Empire. I like the Zombie genre but don't feel the need to watch just any show that has the un-dead. I'm ready for the regular show to come back.

cypher21 dapped this.
  4. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    [​IMG]

5. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
  6. bpaisle

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I did not think that it was horrible. I think I'm probably a little biased though because I'm a big fan of the original show so I was just excited to see a different prospective set in the same world. I was also a fan of the mom after I saw her in Gone Girl so she was a draw for me as well. With that being said, there are definitely some things about the show that could be improved.

7. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    You didn't find the show lacking in the zombie area? I was tired of all the family drama ad drug addiction stuff by the second episode...Also, they completely skipped over how the society broke down, which I thought was the point of the whole show being set during the beginning of the Outbreak....

8. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Yeah I heard about this, a spinoff of a spinoff, lol....

9. bpaisle

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Actually, yes. The show focused a little too much on the familial drama rather than the zombie stuff, which is the main reason I watch it. I can see family drama on any other random show on TV. I hated the drug addiction story line. It was a little too distracting and I did not really think it added much to the show. Yeah I didn't even realize that they skipped that. That opening scene of the first episode was so freaking confusing. It was the worst opener ever.

10. Dreamwalker

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    If they really wanted to do a spinoff series that focused on the breakdown of society, the main characters should have been random people who live and work in the city and not a family from the suburbs. That would have made for a faster paced and exciting show. The entire season was boring. The lone black character is an over-the-top cartoonish villian. We never actually see society collapse. It just implied b/c apparently the media, politicians, and law enforcement are conspiring to hide the fact that the dead are coming back to life. You'd think it'd be gradual enough that all of society wouldn't collapse in a matter of hours.

11. ctforbes

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Open relationship
    I actually enjoyed fear the walking dead. I think I appreciated it because I never expected it to be the same as TWD. I can't remember if it was a podcast or an article I read, but what got me intrigued to the FTWD was how intentional the directors/producers were about setting a different tone to the show. TWD is so enjoyable because many of are familiar with the comics and already know the rules that define the zombie world of the characters' future. So it makes sense that there are so many zombies then since the outbreak has had years to spread/infect the general population.

None of these rules have been set/learned in FTWD. The characters are learning as they go, zombies are slowly multiplying, and the suspense/pace of the show is reliant of creating moments of fear/anxiety for us viewers that already know what the characters do not (e.g. loud noises attract zombies, only kill via headshots, etc.). So yeah, that's why it was enjoyable to me, but do agree some things could be improved.

However, at the end of the day, the FTWD are two completely different, but connected shows, that tell varying perspectives to a larger overarching story.