Continuing our Halloween theme, we have incorporated a drink recipe with Blood Oranges. The deep red hue of the blood orange is far darker than your regular orange, thus giving its flesh and juice a deep red color, similar to blood. Of course keeping with our theme what better way to get tipsy while being festive?
- 10 fresh mint leaves (5 stems)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon hot water
- Juice of 2 blood orange
- 5 ounces Captain Morgan Parrot Bay Coconut Rum 90 Proof
- Ice cubes
- 4 ounces club soda
How To Mix
Glass: highball/long, whiskey, or cocktail
- In a cup or class add 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Add 2 tablespoon hot water and stir to dissolve sugar.
- In a shaker, mash mint leaves with spoon. Add sugar water mixture (simple syrup), lime juice, Blood Orange juice, rum, ice cubes and shake vigorously for about 10 seconds.
- In 2 glasses add 3-4 ice cubes.
- Pour mixture over ice and leave enough room to top off with 2 ounces of club soda.
- Stir once or twice.
- Garnish with mint leaves from shaker.
Makes 2 servings.