Salmon And Teriyaki Broccoli
You met guy that you’re interested in and you two have been on a couple of dates. The first three dates consisted of drinks, dinner, and a movie. Not only do you want to be more low-key on your next date, but your wallet doesn’t give you any other choice. It’s time for the fourth date and you decide to invite your male acquaintance to your place for drinks, dinner, and a movie. You are not the best cook but you want to get to the man’s heart through his stomach, so what to do? Have no fear Ocky Williams is here to provide you with a simple dinner recipe that will keep your in house date happy.
2 salmon fillets
2 cups broccoli rabe or 2 cups broccoli
2 green onions
2 teaspoons pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
Extra virgin olive oil
Teriyaki Sauce (your personal brand)
Total prep and cook time 25-30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Tear off enough aluminum foil that can completely incase each salmon fillet individually.
- Coat the aluminum foil with extra virgin olive oil
- Season each salmon fillet with 1 teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon sea salt, ¼ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning. Be sure to rub seasoning thoroughly over each fillet.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon half over each fillet. Be careful not to overdo it because the lemon juice can be over powering.
- Fully fold and encase foil over each fillet so no steam or liquid can escape.
- Place in the oven on center rack and bake for about 15 minutes.
- After you remove the fillets from the oven; un-wrapped them only when you are about to plate and serve.
I use Uncle Ben’s 10 minute brown rice. Very easy to prepare, just follow the three steps on the back of the box.
In a sauce pan over medium heat; add teaspoon butter, teaspoon garlic, and 2 sliced green onions. Sauté for about 2 minutes. Add 2 cups broccoli and a teaspoon of olive oil to coat the broccoli. Continue to sauté for another 2-5 minutes. Add a half to 1 cup Teriyaki Sauce (depending on your taste) to the broccoli mixture and serve over the brown rice. Sprinkle half tablespoon sesame seeds over each plate.
If you want to have your date interact in the preparation, have him clean and slice up the green onions for you while you prepare the fillets. Or you two can just chat as you prepare dinner and he sips on some spirits.