‘Samurai Jack’ is Back

Discussion in 'Television and Web Series' started by OckyDub, Jun 17, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]
    The first promo art has surfaced for the hotly anticipated return of Genndy Tartakovsky’s “Samurai Jack.”

Arriving courtesy of Cartoon Brew, the image debuted at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival and Market in France.

Announced in December, the new season of “Samurai Jack” is scheduled to air later this year as part of Adult Swim’s Toonami programming block.

Premiering in 2001, the acclaimed series follows a time-displaced samurai on a quest to defeating the shape-shifting demon Aku, who destroyed his father’s kingdom. Praised for its animation style and epic battle scenes, “Samurai Jack” aired for four seasons before being canceled in 2004 by Cartoon Network. During that time it earned four Emmy Awards.

Reports from Annecy indicate the 10-episode revival will be set 50 years after the events of Season 4, and have a darker, “more adult” tone than the previous episodes.

[​IMG]

Jdudre and Lancer dapped this.
  2. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Great news to hear. I really liked this when it came out. Toonami and Carton network use to have some great programming back in the day. Toonami might be seeing the success of Dragon Ball super and trying to revamp some of the classic Toomani programming. I forgot cartoon network and toonami still come on lol. Im getting old because now the most tv I watch is sports, hgtv and old martin runs and maybe the news lol Most stuff I just watch online or online replay demand.

#2 mojoreece, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    OckyDub dapped this.
  3. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    Tale of X9
    Lulu... Sweet thing... I miss her. I hate the rain. It makes me all... sentimental.

Excuse me, got something in my eye...

Jdudre dapped this.
  4. Jdudre

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I love Samura Jack its on of these shows that has such a great voice. And the way that the art, pacing, and overall theme of the show just blends in so perfectly to create a unique show that even though was for "kids" it was easily accessible to everyone. I can't wait for the new show especially since there keeping Phil lemarr as the voice of Jack one of my favorite actors

Tyroc dapped this.